Chapter 4: Stargazing

(A/N: I love this chapter so much.)

A few days after the situation with Robbie's parents, Robbie eventually returned to his usual optimistic and chaotic self and seemed excited about a new ancient weapon he was working on.

On this particular day though, Sage was the one that was absolutely ecstatic. Robbie and Purah had been tasked with an expedition to the Gerudo Desert to work on the final calibrations of the of the Divine Beast Vah Naboris. It was necessary to be able to ensure the safety of Urbosa while piloting such a gigantic beast. Naturally, as Robbie and Purah's assigned guard, Sage had to go as well. She was happy to go to her homeland, partly because she could show a part of it to Robbie who had never been there. Obviously, Robbie wouldn't be allowed to enter Gerudo Town, but the refreshing oasis of Kara Kara Bazaar, the food, and the clearest view of the night sky in all of Hyrule would be enough for her.

Two Hylian soldiers led a carriage where Purah and Robbie were transported while Link and Zelda rode their own horses as Sage rode Neptune and remained nearest to the carriage.

Having arrived at the Gerudo Canyon Stable, everyone boarded their horses and left the carriage there. Urbosa and a few Gerudo soldiers awaited the party at the gateway with sand seals to assist the group in a swift transportation through the desert. Sage always felt extremely on edge being near the Gerudo Canyon Stable because she remembered it being one of the last places she had been with her biological mother. She didn't let it show though as she guided Robbie and Purah through the gateway to the desert.

Since mainly Gerudo knew how to sand seal surf, the party was divided into pairs to travel without accidents. Zelda was with Urbosa, Robbie was with Sage, and Purah and the two other Hylian soldiers were paired with Gerudo soldiers. Link had been challenged by Urbosa to get a hold of sand seal surfing, a challenge Link took on without hesitation.

Robbie, who stood next to Sage, remained slightly confused as to how two people would ride a sand seal, but it all started clicking once he watched Urbosa teach Link the basics. Being quite the golden child, Link was able to get a hold of the skill pretty quickly. Since everyone was divided in pairs, it meant that two people would stand on the shield and the person on the back would have to hold on to the person guiding the sand seal.

Robbie's heart started to leap from his chest when he realized that he would have to hold on to Sage; and with her wearing her traditional Gerudo armor, he would have to come into direct contact with her skin. His goggles began ticking in a flustered tempo as a reddish hue covered his face and ears. He honestly thought he could pass out.

He got a hold of himself once Sage glanced in his direction. Her eyebrows raised in slight worry. "Oh my. Is the heat getting to you already?" she approached him, carefully placing the back of her fingers over the portion of his forehead not covered by his goggles.

"S-system temperature is in order!" he exclaimed, placing his hands on his hips in a super hero kind of pose, showing off his proud grin.

Sage giggled at him, "Okay, Doctor Robbie. I think I'll get you a hydromelon once we reach the bazaar to make sure."

In the beginning stages of their friendship, Robbie told Sage that she didn't need to address him by his title, that just his name would be fine. This is what Sage usually does, but she sometimes uses his title in a playful manner whenever he poses or speaks dramatically. Robbie, of course, doesn't mind.

Everyone started getting ready to ride the sand seals and Robbie started getting fidgety. Sage took hold of the rope tied to the sand seal, placing her shield on the ground. She wedged her foot on the handle where her arm would usually go so that the shield would remain under her. She motioned for Robbie to come over and instructed for him to stand behind her on the shield.