Chapter 1. First Sightings

Early in the morning, Urbosa and Sage headed out into the northwestern regions of the Gerudo Desert. They were mission to investigate an area where Yiga clan activity had been sited. They had yet to discover the location of the clan's secret hideout.

Around midday, when the sun was directly upon them, one messenger Gerudo came running from town directly to where the investigation was taking place. She stumbled abruptly to a stop in front of Urbosa. She was bent over with her hands on her knees, panting profusely while Sage handed her water.

"Did something happen at home?" Urbosa inquired once the soldier caught her breath.

"There's an imposter!" she exclaimed.

"What?" Sage questioned while Urbosa lifted an eyebrow.

"Someone posing as Lady Urbosa came into the town saying that Hyrulian forces were going to attack. It seemed suspicious to me since Lady Sage was not with you. I asked the imposter about it, but she dismissed me. I knew something was off so I ran to search for you. The town is in complete disarray!" she explained.

"I commend your bravery, soldier. Come. we must head to town immediately." Urbosa said.

Normally, a Gerudo would travel long distances across the desert by sand seal surfing. In the haste of the moment, the soldier could not take a sand seal, as she had to discretely make her way out of town without being noticed. Urbosa and Sage had their own sand seals, and the soldier stood on Sage's shield while holding on to her while making their way to town.

Once in the precincts of Gerudo Town, they spotted the bewildered faces of their fellow Gerudo soldiers. Climbing the steps to the throne room, Urbosa snapped her fingers, sending her thunderous fury to an imposter Urbosa.

"I came back as quickly as I could." Urbosa announced, letting her calming, deep voice come through. You heard gasps coming from Princess Zelda and two other unknown people. "Not exactly what I expected to find." Urbosa finished as she approached the princess, Sage standing right beside Urbosa. "Urbosa?" Zelda questioned. "I hope you're not hurt, little bird." At the use of her nickname, Zelda knew this was the real Urbosa.

She then glanced at Sage. "Sage! It's been so long." she stood in front of you to greet you. "Long time it has, you've grown into a beautiful woman, Zelda." Sage responded.

The other two people with Zelda were a knight and a Sheikah. Sage noticed how they glanced at her curiously, wondering about her relationship with Urbosa.

Sudden grumbling was heard from the imposter. "You've got some nerve, thinking you can go toe to toe with, Master Kohga!" he said while clapping his hands. Kohga began making quick signs with his hands and tipped from side to side in a comical way "I'll show you!"

Yiga foot soldiers appeared out of thin air, cackling ominously. "Yiga assemble! Me excluded of course." said Kohga before disappearing with a poof, leaving everyone including the foot soldiers dumbfounded.

Sage took hold of her scimitar and shield, standing in front of Zelda. The fighting began and Zelda could not take her eyes off of Sage. Similar to Urbosa, she wore a traditional black Gerudo skirt. It's color represented Gerudo royalty. The skirt also had thin purple outlines of desert sages as well as the Gerudo logo of the same color. She had a traditional chest plate, arm guards, as well as a diamond circlet which rested on her forehead. This circlet had been gifted to Sage by Urbosa when her training was completed. Her hair was white and curly, tied up in a high pony tail like most Gerudo do. She moved with such grace and accuracy. Zelda recognized a fighting style similar to Urbosa's.

Sage had come far in the years they were apart, but Zelda had not and this frustrated her to no end. Why was she the only one behind?

The fighting continued as more Yiga foot soldiers and blade masters appeared in town. At some point, Sage was unintentionally partnered up with the knight in order to swiftly defeat a blade master.