»one

"ENRAPTURE"

IF THERE WAS one thing that Aemond Targaryen wished he could do, it would be to show Nazyra the sunrise on dragon back

IF THERE WAS one thing that Aemond Targaryen wished he could do, it would be to show Nazyra the sunrise on dragon back. He just knew she would adore it.

But that couldn't happen. Not until he was sure they would not be caught. He was just waiting on an opportunity. Nazyra was his best friend. She had been since they first met that day in the stables. And now, years later, they still had to sneak around to spend any time alone together.

It was so worth it though. Every day Aemond just craved to see the little smile on Nazyra's face form when she saw him approaching in the evening time for them to go out riding on horseback together - if it was quiet enough around. She was like a drug.

And today was no different. It was growing dark outside as Aemond made his way towards the stables with his hood over his head. He was a little later than usual. As he neared, he saw Nazyra. She was locking up the gate of the stable when Aemond silently snuck up on her.

"I can see your shadow, you fool." She said without even turning to face him, making Aemond chuckle. "I know your antics." She added.

"And what antics might you be talking about?" Aemond asked, playing the fool.

"That familiar one where you sneak up on me and decided it would be a brilliant idea to grab me by the torso and lift me into the air, not only scaring me into the seven hells but the horses too." She explained, cocking a brow.

"I would not dream of doing such a thing." Aemond laughed.

"Not after I punched you in the jaw." Nazyra reminded him.

"Now that part I remember." Aemond said. "Rather uncalled for, was it not?"

"I thought I was being kidnapped." Nazyra smacked his shoulder lightly.

"Only you would get away with punching the Prince of the Seven Kingdoms in the face and living to tell the tale." Aemond chuckled, shaking his head.

"Consider yourself the one who is lucky you live to tell the tale." She folded her arms.

Aemond stepped forwards in an intimidating manner, but Nazyra did not budge. Something he loved about her. "Is that a threat, stable girl?" He taunted.

"Yes." She answered almost immediately. "I am rather threatening, am I not?" She asked, cracking a little amused smile at her own words.

Aemond snickered. "Most threatening young lady in all of King's Landing." He said and she narrowed her eyes at him. "In all of the Seven Kingoms." He corrected himself and chuckled when Nazyra gave him a satisfied nod.

She grabbed her thin cloak from the bench outside the stables and slid it around her shoulders, pulling the hood up as herself and Aemond began walking. It really was a worn old thing.

"You smell like shit." Aemond snickered.

"Incase you have not noticed, my prince," she nudged him hardly, "I spend all my days in a room filled with horse shit. There lies the root of the problem." She said. "And I do not get to bathe in warm fresh water filled with oils and rose petals."

"Is that how you think I bathe? In rose petals?" Aemond chuckled.

"My apologies, was that the wrong type of petal? Is it tulips? Or lilies perhaps?" She teased.

"Sometimes I wonder why I make such an effort to see you just to be relentlessly tormented." Aemond ruffled her hair, causing her to grab his arm.

"Because I'm not boring." Nazyra chuckled and lunged for the knife in his belt. "Teach me to fight." She grinned.

"And who is it you will be fighting?" Aemond smirked.

"You, of course." She said. "It's not like I can be enrolled into a training class or anything of the sort."

"Hm." Aemond hummed in thought. "Would I be endangering all of King's Landing by placing a dagger in your hand?" He half-joked.

"... no." Nazyra said. "Please, Aemond. Please. It will be fun." She rested her chin on his shoulder and batted her eyelashes at him.

"I will teach you to fight if you watch me train tomorrow." Aemond smirked. Nazyra grinned and quietly cheered to herself, making Aemond chuckle. "My nephews will be watching, so I will be sure to show off."

"I do not doubt that, Aemond. You're always showing off. Especially when it comes to your nephews. How old are they again?" Nazyra snickered, stopping at a stone wall that was high, but low enough for her to push herself up to sit on. Aemond stopped in front of her, placing his hands on the wall either side of her thighs.

"Jacaerys only happens to be a little younger than yourself." He smirked. "But at least you're not a bastard."

Nazyra snorted. "It wouldn't matter if I was a bastard. Nobody cares about the legitimacy of a stable girl, Aemond."

"You should be a maid." Aemond said.

"A maid?" Nazyra cocked a brow, almost grimacing. "I could not stand wearing a dress all day." She added. Nazyra never wore a dress if she could help it. She was always in breeches.

"Yes, a maid." Aemond said. "You could work in the castle. We could see each other much more often."

"I doubt that would work, Aemond. I would be even more busy than I am in my current job. I'm not sure it's in a prince's duty to befriend a maid. Imagine if I was assigned as your mother's maid. From what I've heard she is a smart woman. She would figure it out almost immediately. Especially with the looks you give me, even with just one eye." She teased him and Aemond looked away for a moment, stifling his laughter to disguise his red cheeks. Thank the Gods it was dark.

"Perhaps not." He chuckled. "You are not really cut out to be a maid anyway."

"How so?" She gasped. "I could be a maid if I truly desired to be."

"No." Aemond laughed. "No you could not. My father the King would ask you to bring wine and you would tell him to stop being idle and bring it himself." He laughed and so did Nazyra, who also let out a huff of defeat.

"I would fare better as a blacksmith. If there was ever a war you could fight in battle with a sword I handmade for you." She said.

Aemond chuckled. "I would be honoured."

The two were in a comfortable silence for a while. They did that more often than you would think - just enjoying one another's company for as long as they could, until one of them grew tired or cold, or if the backstreets became a little too busy and there was a risk of them being noticed together.

Aemond would often walk Nazyra back to the little house she shared with her father at night, just to be sure she returned safely. Nazyra did not have a mother. She died during childbirth, but her father often said that it was not him who passed down the wit and first genes to Nazyra - it was her mother. Those fern green eyes too.