5

Jax's pov
It's time for me to take her out finally. I pull into her driveway and grab the roses I got her on the way. I wonder what my mother took her to lunch for? I also hate clays test on her. She passed it obviously but he had no right. She's innocent and doesn't have a shitty bone in her body. Her dads the DA. I obviously can't tell them that. They'll find out eventually and obviously her father has it out for us. I ring the doorbell and wait. The door opens and my heart pauses in my chest at the sight of her. Holy fuck.

She asks "this okay?" I breathe again finally "perfect" I say "I um

She asks "this okay?" I breathe again finally "perfect" I say "I um...I got these for you" handing her the roses. She smiles and takes them "thank you" I've never done this before. The last time was tara. I just kinda picked Wendy up and kept her around to fill the void. She didn't even have my crow. Neither did Tara. She leaves and says "you can come in" and I do. The place is so....her. There's books everywhere, it's homey....I look down as I feel something against my legs. A cat. Of course she has a cat. She comes back and smiles "that's patches" I chuckle "patches?" She shrugs "I was six. " she picks him up and scratches him making him purr "he usually hides from new people"

 " she picks him up and scratches him making him purr "he usually hides from new people"

I chuckle and pet him "I've never seen a cat like him before" "he's a Bengal. I've always wanted one and my dad got him from a breeder as a gift" putting him down. I nod and say "you ready Darlin?" She nods and smiles