Abandoned-Part 1

age regression, little!remus, creativitwins bonding, angst, caregiver!roman

Let me know if I missed anything!

Why couldn't he help himself, after the way he had been treated? After all, it's not like anyone wanted anything to do with the loud, impulsive side. Remus walked to the play mat that was set up in his room and saw the stuffed dragon on it. He picked it up and started crying, slipping. He fought against it but eventually was too tired to resist. The little sobbed as he tried to open a sippy cup to put juice in it. Tears pouring down his face, he gave up and just laid there, holding the dragon and empty sippy cup.

The next morning, Remus woke up to a loud knocking at his door, no longer in little space. Roman opened the door and froze when he saw Remus curled up on a child's play mat holding a sippy cup and stuffed dragon. Remus stared at him, terrified. After a moment, Roman pieced it together. He knelt in front of Remus, closing the door behind him. "Hey. Are you okay?"

Hearing someone worry about him, even if it might've been fake, made Remus slip again, having put off regression as long as he did. Remus teared up again and Roman's eyes widened. "Oh, don't cry! What's wrong?" Remus ran into Roman's arms and Roman hugged his brother cautiously. When was the last time they hugged? After a few minutes, Remus slowly stopped crying. "Hey, Remus?" Roman asked, still holding him.

"Hmm?" Remus asked, his voice wobbly, but that was from crying, right?

"Are you, and you don't have to answer! But are you a little?" Remus tensed and pulled away. He wiped his eyes and hugged himself, looking at the floor. He closed his eyes and nodded, afraid of Roman's reaction. Roman smiled and looked around. "This is quite a collection you have here. And is this?" Roman gasped and picked up a red blob of fabric that was vaguely bear shaped. "Is this my old sash?" Remus nodded again.

"You can has back, if wanna." He looked at the ground and Roman frowned.

"Nah, you can keep it." Remus looked confused.

"But...I stoles it!"

Roman thought for a moment. Remus won't let him leave it unless he knew Roman really didn't want it anymore. How could Roman let him know... "I have a better one now, and I don't need it anymore. You can keep it." Remus thought for a moment and finally came to the conclusion Roman really didn't want it anymore. He grinned and took it back from Roman. He giggled and Roman smiled fondly.

"What else do you have here, bub?" Remus' eyes widened at the nickname and he started introducing all of the stuffed animals to Roman and showing him all of his toys, breezing through them all, excited to finally have someone he can tell.

"An dis is ma fav-it!" Remus shoved a stuffed dragon in Roman's already full arms. Roman laughed.

"Slow down, bub. I can't hold all of these!" Remus pouted and Roman let them all fall and picked up the dragon. "What's her name?"

"His name is Roman." Remus went quiet and Roman scooped him up in his lap. Remus started crying and clung to Roman's shirt. "Don't go agin. Peas?"

Roman smiled softly, brushed Remus' hair out of his face and wiped away his tears. "I'm not leaving. Never again. Okay, bub?"

"Pomise?"

"Promise."