Chapter 20 - Getaway Car

⚠️ Disclaimer: Gun violence and slight gore, if these topics are sensitive to you please feel free to skip this chapter. ⚠️

{song:
Getaway Car
By: Taylor Swift}

Virgos Pov:

The shooting comes from the kitchen window first. We all duck down immediately and hide behind the cabinets.

Even though we've had drills about this stuff in school it's still weird to have it happen to you.

Leo was next to me and saw how panicked I was. He took my hand and intertwined it with his before giving me a calming look.

I could feel the warmth rush up my cheeks but decided that there was more important things to be worrying about when another shot fired.

Maybe it's better to take you to the beginning..

                      {40 minutes ago}

We arrived at the house to pick up the book.

"I can't believe we're going back for this shit." Scorpio grumbled under his breath.

We decided it would be best if only a few of us went in, to make it quicker. And of course, I was picked along with Scorpio, Taurus, Leo, and Gemini. A chaotic group indeed.

"Shut up Scorpio." Gem hissed at him, "It's only gonna take a couple minutes. We'll be in and out." She straightened her posture and sighed slightly.

He rolled his eyes in response. "Let's just get this over with.."

Leo walked up to the door and knocked on it.

Silence.

He looked back at us, like he was checking to make sure we didn't run away and leave him.

The air felt weighed down. You can tell we all didn't have a good feeling about going back in there.

Leo hesitated before knocking once more, but still no answer.

Taurus stepped up and looked through the stain glass windows, "I can bearly see anything."

"Well he didn't just get up and leave." Scorpio huffed.

Looks like Capricorns bad mood found its way to Scorpio.

"Is it open?" I squeaked like a little mouse. I was the weak one amongst this group. I constantly was and I hated it. Like someone was always looking down on me and underestimating me.

Even though I thought I was to quiet for anyone to hear, Leo pulled the wooden door to reveal yet another problem.

"Holy crap."

Cancers Pov:

"What is taking them so long? Shouldn't they be back?" I asked trying to peek out the car window before Aries pulled me down.

"Their fine. If they don't come back in 15 minutes we'll check on them." He assured me.

I was not convinced and gave him a thats-such-bullshit look and he sighed. "Fine 10 minutes."