8. Wildfire

You were in the leader's office alongside your partner, Tobi. You were about to be assigned a new mission and by the looks of it, it wasn't gonna be comfortable.

"Y/N and Tobi, as you know the Akatsuki's goal is to capture all the tailed beasts"

You nodded softly. You seemed calm on the outside but your heart was already racing. You feared that he was going to assign you to capture Naruto.

" Your mission is to capture the jinchuriki of the 5 tails, his name is Han and you must capture him alive to extract his
chakra."

' Capture a jinchuriki...I knew this day would come ' you thought

" Han uses unique steam that mixes water and fire release.
His ability allows him to put lots of strength in his attacks, you will have to be careful. According to our spy in the village hidden in the rocks, he lives in an isolated cottage in the forest. " The leader informed indifferently.

" Y/N Chan, will you protect Tobi? " Tobi broke the tense atmosphere with his childish high pitched voice.

" Of course! " You assured him grinning at the lollipop head.

You knew he didn't need protection you even suspected he was much stronger than you.

You decided to play his little game. After what happened Tobi had been acting very "normal". You decided not to talk with him about it and just go with the flow, after all, you had a cover to keep and a jinchuriki to capture.

" Enough with this foolishness! You have to be focused, the success of this mission depends on that! " Pain said harshly just like a parent scolding their child.

" I apologise, Pain-sama. " You said apologetically keeping a straight face

" You are dismissed, go prepare yourselves. You leave tomorrow morning. "

You left his office and headed to your room to make a weapon inventory. You started to pack your bag counting 50 kunai, and 50 shurikens checking the sharp blades and discarding the dull ones. You added 100 explosive paper tags and a few chakra pills that you made with medical herbs. You developed this recipe about 5 years ago, after studying and researching the properties of each herb you finally came up with the perfect chakra pill. It would restore the chakra almost to the full and accelerate the healing of wounds.

Of course, you had to take it with restraint or else your life could be in danger. Not all bodies could take this substance the same way or have the same reactions and that's why you would never trust your pills to anyone else.

You were preparing yourself mentally to spend a lot of time with Tobi and to observe his fighting skills which were something you never had the opportunity to do.

As you were reflecting, your thoughts drifted to Han. You were not a real Akatsuki member and your role was to spy for the leaf to protect the jinchuriki, not kill them.

You didn't feel that it was ethical to kill him.
On the other hand, you had to keep your disguise.
Your hands were stained by the blood of many people before, and the act of taking a life was not an issue at all.

However, by extracting the chakra out of the man, you would be helping the Akatsuki to achieve its ultimate goal.

You opted for the sake of your disguise. It was for the greater good. You rationalised that if you kept your facade you would be able to save more people in the future and for that sacrifices had to be made. You made up your mind, tomorrow you would take another life.

In his room, Obito interrogated himself about what would you do.

He knew you were a spy from day one and he was curious about your choice of action.