25) Into The Dorms

🍁Ren🍁

"Oh my gosh!" I stare up at Heights Alliance with the same awe as everyone else. It looks amazing. Even better, it's only a five minute walk from the main campus. Frankly, I don't know why they didn't just implement this plan sooner, since it makes coming to school more convenient. A boisterous Kirishima grabs my shoulders, shaking me in his excitement.

I smile and nod as everyone compliments on the dorms. We settle down when Mr. Aizawa begins to address us. "Given everything that has happened, I'm glad we were able to bring Class A back together."

"It's good we all got the go ahead to move onto campus," Sero speaks up. Hagakure sighs and her uniform slumps forward as Jiro plays with her jack. "It took a lot of convincing for my parents."

"I was pretty concerned about mine."

"It makes sense," Ojiro explains. "You got the worse of the gas attack."

"We're glad the teachers got to come back too," Sui adds. I nod in agreement. "I was afraid they wouldn't be allowed, since the people at the press conference seemed pretty upset with you guys."

"Yeah," Uraraka agrees. "I was surprised as well," Aizawa replies. "But circumstances have changed." Our gloomy teacher scratches briefly at his head before dropping his hand back to his side. "Now, then I'll explain how your dorm assignments will work shortly."

He claps his hands together, then lowers them again. "But first, however, we haven't forgotten the Provisional Hero Licenses you were supposed to get during the training camp."

"Oh, yeah," Sato realizes. "That's what we were there for." Honestly, it slipped my mind too. Even though it wasn't long, camp feels like a life time ago. "So much has happened that it totally slipped my mind," Mina adds.

"This is important," Aizawa states, pulling our attention back to him. "Listen well. Kirishima." He looks at each student in turn as he calls their names. "Yaoyorozu, Todoroki, Midoriya, Iida. You five were the ones who broke the rules and went to rescue Ren and Bakugo that night."

His eyes were serious, and I hear Tsu's nervous ribbit. He closes his eyes, and lowers his head, as if piecing something together. "Based on your reactions, the rest of you were at least, aware of the plan." Oh, geez, is he about to expel people? Our teacher seems to have an itchy trigger finger when it comes to expelling students.

The wind picks up, snagging strands of my hair, as well as stray leaves. "I'm going to set aside a number of issues and just say this..." He raises his head back up, and opens his eyes. "If it weren't for All Might's retirement from the hero scene, I would expel everyone here. Except Bakugo, Ren, Jiro, and Hagakure."

Unease settles over the entire class at Aizawa's words. "The five of you who went, of course, but also the remaining twelve who didn't stop them. You betrayed our trust even if it was to keep your friends from getting into trouble."

The law is hard, but it is the law. They acted like they were heroes with licenses, and not foolish students. They had two days to think about their actions logically and knew that what they were doing would have dire consequences. They have to accept responsibility for their reckless actions.

I'm glad they were able to save Bakugo, but you can't just break the law when it bends in your favor. How long before you start breaking the big ones? "In order to regain our confidence, you'll need to obey every rule to the letter, and live as model students. That's all."

He turns to face the dormitory. "Look alive. Enjoy your new home."

"Uh, we're supposed to be excited after that speech," everyone speaks at once. I rub the back of my neck, no longer feeling as energetic as before. I tried not to think about how serious our situation was back at the League's hideout. I mean, I almost bled to death. Then I was at the mercy of the villains after Bakugo was rescued.