41) Face To Face

🍁Ren🍁

I jolt upright at the sound of my phone vibrating on my nightstand. I wince and make a silent cry of pain when the sudden movement caused my wounds to throb. I reach over, my mind barley registering it as I hover over a slumbering Bakugo. I grab my phone, swiping answer, then hold it up to my ear. "Hello," I murmur sleepily.

When the boy shifts next to me, I'm suddenly reminded that I let Bakugo crash in my room last night. I manage to climb over him, off the mattress, and to the floor without waking him. I barley listen to the voice speaking on the other end. I rub the grit from my eyes with my thumb and forefinger.

"Sorry, repeat that." I keep my voice low, hoping the ash blonde remains asleep. I go to my door and open it, slip out, then close it carefully behind me. "Todoroki, it's Detective Tsukauchi." My eyes go wide as my brain starts functioning at 100% again.

"Sorry to call so early, but I figured you'd want to know what I've found as soon as possible."

"Yeah, of course. What do you got, Detective?" I lean my back against the wall, ignoring the pain in various spots all over my body. I hope I won't have to move too much during training or I just might have to go see Recovery Girl. "I've found your guy." I straighten up at his words.

"He now goes by the alias Kaname Endou."

"Whoa, that was fast. Though after what happened with the League I'd expect nothing less."

"Todoroki." I could hear the tone in his voice and sigh. I knew that when I asked him to look into Yukimura, he'd find out just how personal this was. I mean, my mother and the principal both filed a police report. "I know exactly what you're thinking, but revenge isn't something I'm interested in."

"Still, giving you this information wouldn't be a good idea. If anything were to happen and my captain found out about my involvement-"

"Listen, Detective, I promise not to start anything. I just need to talk to the guy. That's it. He's the only one that can help me. Please." I swallow the anger and disgust rising up at the thought of being face to face with the man that ruined my life. But I can't live with these nagging questions eating away at me.

I need answers and he's the only one that can give them to me. "Don't make me regret this," he sighs. He gives me Yukimura's current whereabouts and I commit it to memory. "Thanks again, Detective."

"Yeah, don't mention it." He hangs up and I pull my phone away from my ear. I open my notepad app and write down the info Tsukauchi gave me. I save it, then shut off my phone. I head back into my room and set my phone down. It's still pretty early so I have a lot of time before needing to get ready for school.

The best part about being on campus is that we don't have to leave until right before class starts. Even though Iida badgers us about needing to be at least ten minutes early. I study Bakugo's peaceful expression and smile fondly. He really is handsome. He's also kind of cute when angry, but I'm more than a little curious to see the other sides of Bakugo.

Wondering if my imagination will hold up to reality? Only when he's ready though. Every previous encounter I had was all physical and nothing else. I want things to be different cause it is different. Bakugo's different. I lower myself down, having to sit back on my legs cause my thighs are aching thanks to all the cuts I received from that asshole.

I listen to the ash blonde's even breaths. He's more than worth it. I stand back up and carefully climb over his legs to reach my previous spot, slipping under the covers. It's weird being awake before Bakugo is. At first, I try going back to sleep, but my wounds are being so annoying, making it practically impossible.