"You're here by yourself?" The bartender asks filling up a glass of beer before pushing it on the table in front of you.

"I like to drink by myself," the person with short black hair replies.

"Wait a minute, you're a girl right?"

"Yes." she replies, a hint of annoyance in her tone.

"No way, you know when you first came here I thought you were totally a guy, I still can't believe I guessed right!"

"What, do you want me to lift up my shirt or something to prove I'm a girl?" she muttered quietly.

"Sorry? I couldn't quite hear."

"It's nothing."

Minhui was tired. She had just finished unpacking all of things into her new place and really was not in the mood to talk. Planning to drink a couple bottles of soju, she had found a nearby bar with good ratings and had barely sat down before the cheery guy behind the bar had decided to strike up a conversation. The place was relatively full today, all the tables having at least 1 or 2 people with a few parties going on near the karaoke machine.

"I'm guessing you go to Hankook university right? What department are you in? Do you know Kwon Daehyun?"

At this point Minhui was ready to move tables. She knew he had good intentions, but it really wasn't for the right person. He probably thought the she had nobody to talk to; he wasn't wrong but she really wasn't in the mood.

"Yes. Music. No."

Quickly downing her beer, she orders 2 bottles of soju, grabs them and walks to the other side of the room. Seeing a table for 4 with only 1 person, she pulls out the chair and sits diagonally from them.

Without sparing a glance, she begins pouring her first shot, ready to finally wash the stress of the day away. Minhui found drinking relaxing. Who doesn't love that burning sensation you get when you down a shot. She mostly liked how you never had to think. It wasn't necessary to think when you were drinking, you could drift into oblivion and daydream without a care in the world.

Minhui was having a particularly good daydream that night. Maybe it was the soju? Maybe it was the ambience? She'd definitely come back here again.

She had totally forgotten that there was somebody else on the table before she heard them mutter "Shit, not this again"

At first glance, nothing seemed too wrong with him, he looked like a regular student attending Hankook university, but there was a slight air of unhappiness surrounding him. Minhui found herself unconsciously observing him closely, from his facial features to his clothes. His hair was dyed a light blonde, styled into a side part which bad been messed up by now. On his right eyebrow, there was a diagonal scar and sat on top of his nose was a pair of thin, stylish glasses His features were quite soft, nothing was particularly prominent. The man wore a simple grey patterned suit jacket, alongside a white t-shirt and casual blue jeans.

After her analysis, she spoke up.

"Are you.. okay?" Minhui asked, tilting her head slightly the right. Normally, she found herself too shy to initiate conversations with people she didn't know but for some odd reason, with this attractive, yet seemingly very unhappy stranger, she felt quite comfortable asking first.

He hesitated for a moment, looking deep in thought, before asking,

"How do normal people recover after getting their hearts broken?

At first, she was surprised. The question was definitely a lot deeper than she had expected. How do people usually respond when they're asked this question? So she ended up blurting out the first thing that popped into her mind.