5<>Tears<>5

Editors note

Alrighty peeps, this chapter is called Tears, so I'm going to recommend a song called Cry Baby by Melanie Martinez! Seriously, it's really good.

~That editor person, Too_Many_Fandoms1

A/N
Hmmm I don't know about that... But I guess I'll be nice and leave in the editors note ;)

Anyways I hope you like this chapter, so far I like what's goin on with Toby and Ashley, may a possible ship name happen...?

Tash? I don't know

Enjoy -_Noodles_00💚
--------------------------------

I woke up the next day, realizing I wasn't in my bed.

I'm not on the couch.

I woke up on the floor, my back against the door.

Did I really not move from this spot?

And what time is it?

Oh God, I really hope I'm not late for drills.

Crap! Gotta get up, gotta get up!

I hopped up, pulling out my phone to check the time.

7:14

Shit, I'm three hours late. My sergeant is going to be pissed.

After taking a shower, I put on my black tights, dark blue jean shorts, a gray sweater that fades to black near the hands, an infinity scarf, a dark gray beanie, and my favorite black combat boots that have steel toes.

I quickly jot down another note.

I went to my drill, don't know when I'll be back. Love you.
                                         -Ashley

I set it down on the counter and run to my room. I grab my phone and unhook the charger, where I had put it before my shower, then checked the time.

7:56

Ugh.

I fly down the stairs of the house, not bothering with the car, and head towards the café.

I walk in the door, hearing a little ding.

Huh, that must be new.

Then I see Toby at the register. I remember the kiss from last night as if it was happening right now, feeling a little warmness on my cheeks I try to cover it up.

I walk up and pull out my money, getting ready to order.

He doesn't see me yet.

"Hi, welcome to the café, we're currently selling a new-" He looks up, finally noticing me. "-Ashley?" He cuts his sentence short.

"Hi." I wave my hand.

"Hey, so what would you like?"

"I'll just take a regular black coffee, nothing in it." I order.

"Wow, that's a lot of caffeine." He says.

I smile.

"Yeah, I kind of need it."

"Late for your drills?" He wiggles his eyebrows.

"Yup," I answer, popping the 'p'.

"Okie-dokie, on the way, I'll be back before you can blink." He smiled at me, giving it an extra wink, making me blush even more.