The start to something new

As I laid in the crystal clear water, my toes in the sand and my hair floating around me. I felt nothing but peace, the sun was out and the birds were singing they're songs. I acknowledged the nature around me, the gift Eywa gave to my people. I laid there for a while until I saw a shadow come over me. 

"Mother and father have been trying to find you." My perfect little sister says lying down next to me. 

I roll my eyes and stand up, I start walking towards some rocks. With my long arms I reach to the top and jump up, looking out in the distance, I saw 5 flying animals. I wasn't sure what they were but they were not from around here. 

"Tsireya, look at this." I said pointing towards the 5 winged animals passing above us. 

Tsireya jumped up onto the rocks, we both watched the coloured animals pass over top of us, I was curious. I called my ilu named Amaia, or Maia as I call her. I saw head appear above the surface, I smiled as I jumped off the rocks into the water. Tsireya called my name but I raced off to see what these animals were. 

I eventually arrived to where everyone was, my people had circled around a group of dark blue Na'vi. I dived off my ilu, my head then reached the surface of the water. My face was dripping with water, my hair was soaked but the curls were still there. I walked out of the water, where I saw a family of forest people. I could feel all eyes on me, especially from the eldest son who was the most good looking one. I cut in front of everyone, getting a good look at their dark blue bodies. 

As I examined the little girl, I saw from the corner of my eyes, a forest boy eyeing me down. I turned to him hissing, I circled around him touching his thin tail. My brother picking on the other forest boy with his friends, they all laughed at the two boys. But my perfect little sister told him off as she smiled at the other boy. 

My parents both arrived, greeting the two adults. I stood next to my parents, as the eldest I had many responsibilities, including standing next to my father to show case the next leader. The father of the family, Jake Sully, said they were seeking for shelter and a place for his family to stay. My mother gave a them good inspection, she saw the thin tails, which would be useless in the water and their hands, 4 fingers. 

I gasped, my mother lifted the girls hand up, yelling 'demon blood'. I hissed showing my fangs, my worst enemies. The father of the forest people showed his hands to my mother, showing he was once a sky person but claiming you can adapt. 

"We can adapt." Jake Sully said pleading to my father. 

My father looked at my mother, she rolled her eyes but nodded. They agreed and told them they can stay, the family all smiled but my face had dropped. These demons were going to be living here? With me!?

"My daughter Leilani, will teach you our ways." My father says presenting me to them.

"But father, there dem-." I was interrupted.

"It is decided." My father demanded as I rolled my eyes.

I told the Sully family to grab their things and follow me, I showed them where we gather for dinner, where the meetings are, and where they will be staying.

I told the family, "I will teach your kids tomorrow, for now get some rest." I say walking off. 

As the sun died down and the moon came out, I sat on a rock watching the water. When I was alone, I always felt free, away from everything in the world. I lied dow, resting my head on my hands. I watched the stars above, twinkling in the night sky. I listened to the birds chirping away and the ocean washing up against the shore. 

"Your Leilani right?" A voice asked from behind me.

I hissed at shock, I didn't expect to see anyone here. It was the 'demon' boy from earlier today, I didn't want to be near him but I had to be at least a little bit nice.

"Yes it is." I said turning back to the water.

"I'm Neteyam, it's nice to meet you." He said walking up next to me, giving me the sign 'I see you'

"mhm" I replied ignoring his hand gesture. 

"Ok. Not good with new people, I'm guessing?" He said sitting down on the rock.

I moved over a bit, just so I wasn't close to him. I continued looking ahead, ignoring his comment. We both sat there in silent for a bit, just staring out to the ocean. 

"Beautiful, isn't it." Neteyam said trying to make at least some conversation. 

"It is indeed, Eywa's gift is so magical." I said lifting up a seashell from the water.

"I should get some rest" Neteyam said, as he left I felt something different. 

Maybe not all of the 'demons' people are bad, I should give him a chance I said to myself. 

(Word count: 875 words)

a/n: Hi guys, I hope your enjoying this so far. Please put down your thoughts in the comments. I would love to her them. Please vote and share it would mean so much. thank you all🙏🫶