Teaching our ways

Before the sun can reach the surface, I wake up and ran to my favourite place, the rocks. Every morning I wake up and I like to appreciate Eywa's gift, the sunrise. I always sit on this one rock, with my feet dangling over the edge into the water. As I slowly see the sun appear, I see Maia swim up to me.

"Good morning, Maia." I say patting her on the head as the sun blinds me. 

As I'm about to leave I see the 'demon' boy come up to me, I turn back around to the sun. I wished people would let me have my alone time, but at least it's not my parents nagging at me.

"Good morning." Neteyam says walking up with a happy face.

"What are u so happy about." I ask looking up to the boy beside me. 

"I'm excited to learn." He said rubbing his hands together in excitement. 

I roll my eyes telling him we have a long time until I start teaching, he then suggest I teach him earlier than the rest.

"Why would I do that?" I asked him

"I might need extra time to learn." He said but I knew he wanted to spend time with me. 

"Fine, but only to help you learn." I said getting up off the rock, signalling to follow me. 

After a little walk, I find the perfect place to help him with his breathing. We sit down on a nice flat surface, away from the village. I tell him to sit up right, take deep breathes in and out and slow his heart down.

"Now you go." I insisted 

He tried to breathe in and out, which he did fine but I could hear his heartbeat, it was thumping away. I giggled a little but went back to being serious, I reached my hands out to his chest, my hands pressed against his body feeling for his heartbeat. 

"Slow you're heartbeat down." I said as I looked up, his face started blushing.

Next was teaching him how to tame an ilu, I got an untamed ilu and brung him towards Neteyam. 

"You need to get to know him." I said patting the ilu on the side. "Pat him, show affection, show that he can trust you." 

I stepped back onto the shore, watching Neteyam talking to his ilu. He patted it and played around with the ilu. When I first meet him, I thought he was a monster, a demon. But I see much more than that but I wasn't going to let him see me like that. I walked back up to him, telling him to hop on him carefully. 

"Now you have to be careful, make the tsaheylu." I instructed. 

He did what I said to do, grabbing his braid from behind, he made the tsheylu. He did it extremely careful and slowly, I then moved his hands towards the handle. He looked at me but I ignored it, I then directed his legs in the right position. 

"Your ready, now go slow." I said calmly letting go of his ilu.

"Don't worry, I'll be fine." He says as he races off. 

He was doing actually very good but when he needed to turn, his ilu turned to sharp sending him flying off his saddle. I called Maia over to take me to him.

"'Don't worry, I'll be fine' you said, you almost hit the rocks." I said laughing as I give him a hand onto Maia. 

When we both got to the shore, we both died of laughter. 

"You should have seen the way you fell off." I said rolling across the ground laughing.

"He was going too fast, it wasn't my fault." Neteyam responded laughing with me. 

I was having a great time with him, I'm not exactly a people person but hanging out with him, wasn't bad at all. But of course that moment had to be ruined by my brother...

"Look who it is, the freak. Why are you even hanging out with him, Leilani?" He said looking Neteyam up and down.

Both Neteyaam and I got up off the sand, my brother always had to come in at the wrong times.

"What'd you say?" Neteyam said squaring up to my brother.

"Boys stop." I said pulling Neteyam back and hissing at my brother. 

"You better watch it, jungle freak." Aonung said as he laughed walking away.

"Ignore him, you're not a freak." I said comforting Neteyam. 

"Wasn't it only yesterday, you hated me." He asked with a smirk on his face.

"Who says I still don't hate you." I replied giving a little nudge as I walked off. 

I felt a smile grow on my face, I thought to myself what am I doing. I hate him, his kind but he was just different to all the stories I was told. Nah, I just cant, I don't like him. Right?

(Word count: 808 words)

a/n: hi guys hope you're enjoying, don't forgot to vote and share if you want. Remember any suggestions please write down so I can see, and this story isn't going to have any violence in it like the sky people, it's just going to be like a love story.