Epilogue

3 weeks back.
_______________

I honestly don't know how I'm supposed to stay as down-to-earth as I always am, now that the newbie's here. Usually, I manage to keep the plain look on. I'm great at not showing much enthusiasm in almost everything, or at anyone, and yet, the whole team will go after me. I don't exactly want them to, but at the same time their company is heart warming. No doubt. But much to my disappointed, today's not been a day-to-day practice session. Well not exactly much to my disappointment because the new guy is inevitably attractive, and somewhat funny and cute. He's been attracting everyone's attention since the very beginning, but I could see that he was getting uncomfortable by them trying to cheer him on. You know, there are such things that make you sick sometimes, such as too much attraction. It's nearly the end of the practice, as I decide on leaving the ball to Veratti since he wanted to practice passing more. But not for too long. I see him trying to entertain the newbie in some sort of way, maybe conversation? I'm not any expert of that. I sigh and pray for the practice to soon end, because my team- mates are suffocating that kid. And in a way, it's concerning me too. Odd enough. Or maybe I'm just too stupid to realize that there's a catch behind this? Eh. Ofcourse there isn't. Soon enough, to my glee, practice ends. I expect for the 'tourist attraction site' to close down, after all practice is over. They couldn't be head over heels just for a newbie, right? I was wrong. It felt like a jostling crowd inside the locker room when it was just my friends and team mates. The disgusting smell of sweat soon started wafting it's way all around the locker room, and I felt like throwing up. I made my way to the shower room, when I heard rushed foot steps and turned around while washing my face. The new guy. He panted, leaning on the wall, resting his hands on his knees. He made eye contact with me, and I tried keeping my plain look on. But oh his eyes. I've never seen orbs of this color, at least me! Maybe others, but not me. I soon realized that we were staring at one another and things were getting awkward. I flashed a small smile, as his face had a strained look. Probably from them pulling the last words that were in him. I felt nervous, thinking that I was stuck in a situation too awkward to get out of. Just when I was about to speak up, he flashed the most attractive smile I've ever seen. I knew sparks were rising, and I had to have him as my friend. Perhaps a closer friend if possible. Sorry Suarez.

- "Hey..Lionel." He continued to beam.

- "Just call me Leo, and hi!" This is probably the most enthusiastic 'hi' I've ever replied to in person.

- "Sorry! I'm Neymar Jr..sorry if I did anything wrong! I'm new here!" I could see the nervousness cloud his eyes, but a shade of red on his tanned skin said something otherwise, well more of the face explained it better.

- "It's alright, you played well for a newbie here, Neymar." I smiled. I felt my face muscles strain, God now I know how long I haven't been properly smiling for. I continue looking at him across the room, realizing he's shy. I've got no clue why, and don't ask my either, I'm stupid and bad at reading people. Speaking of reading, I notice he has a greatly thin body. I'm afraid he's malnourished. His tanned skin and hazel brown hair compliment his orbs, which are a hue of a pristine looking gray. I find myself raking my eyes over him and that, he feels flustered and probably stuck. I smile again, moving forward and starting a small conversation with him. And well well well,..he's a man that's hard to play, and to get. Or maybe I'm just reading him wrong. Pardon me.

Now, Neymar's pov.
______________________

It's still hard to believe, that infact, it's me who holds the 'top priority' in Messi's list of important people, or that's at least what I thought. Well, at least I get treated that way. It's nearly been a month here and it's been a blast. I love practicing here, and I'm relieved that my last-minute decision to sign for FC Barcelona has been worth it. Well..most of the time Leo is who grasps me at his fingers, keeping me succumbed to him until Dani drags me away to pass with him. He has the persona of a golden retriever, if that breed existed as humans. He's a great guy, he's always here to hear me. So is Leo, and Suarez. But it's mostly Dani that's around. He's always seeking for attention, but in a good way and it doesn't bother anyone at all. I think, he's rather a blessing to the team, that they have a smart, enthusiastic and skillful guy in their team. And honestly, I don't know why everyone teases Messi for his supposedly 'plain' look. What plain look? I didn't catch it yet, probably because I'm over-whelmed by the fact that the one and only Lionel Messi is who I'm playing with now, and who I'm a close friend of. Hope I really am though. I've always dreamt of having the same persona as him,-- Calm, quiet, and aware of all that's happening around him. But I know I'm a fool, who goes around cracking jokes and pranking everyone, and serving as 'peak entertainment'. That's all I do. I'm not sure about my skills, everyone says it's more than what they expected. I fear they say that to my face thinking it's the ideals I prefer, well I don't. I'd rather be anonymous than being famous, but I don't regret anything. I'm happy. And now that Messi is in my life, I'm in cloud nine. I just hope, this phase never ends. But..as out of luck as I've always been throughout my life, my wishes will come to an end at some time, without me knowng that it soon will. And it shatters me to know so, understand so. So I'll make a great use out of my time while I'm his best friend, perhaps that's what only I consider him, and not him. Possibilities are endless you know?..but..I don't think that defines ones life events, especially mine. All possibilities that I come up with, soon take place. It's an absurd phenomenon, and absolutely heart-breaking at times, to a point where I lost my mother before joing FC Barcelona. I rather keep that topic aside..it's the best for me, and my heart.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Neymar takes on joining FC Barcelona, to bring his football career to the next level. The death of his mother had left him ravaged and alone in his room for Lord knows how long, but not too long before his first day at Camp Nou showed up. He couldn't just leave his new teammates dejected, in expectency of the new guy to be present and to be shown around, even when there wasn't much to be showed. Neymar, being a man in his early 20's on the other hand, preps himself for what's coming. He is welcomed warmly into the field by majority of his new teammates and possible future friends, as every brings him into a group hug. Neymar had long forgotten when was the last time he had experienced such great hospitality from people. And being, from men. He felt no regrets joining here, leaving Santos. He was up by the neck with glee, but he noticed someone who didn't mind to join the hug, or mind to introduce himself to the young Neymar.  Neymar felt his heart skip several beats when reality hit him, and so did Messi, nearly across the face while trying to bring Neymar out of his trance. An embarassed Neymar jogged his way out, seeking 'coverage' for his embarassment to Dani by passing with him. Messi is the only one who he easily gets embarassed around, and dares not to say a word. The first day gets tough for Neymar to carry on with, and the shower room is where he makes an escape to. On the other hand, Messi gets a hint on what's going on with Neymar, and that he's possibly getting 'too much attention'. It's getting too hard for Neymar to take, since it's such a sudden change throughtout his body, both physically and mentally. He's been molded into a happen man when just hours ago he was at his bedside, sobbing under the blanket with the window curtains up. His escape to the shower room brings him an encounter with Messi, which he could never imagine. Messi infront of him? A one-to-one conversation with him? All a dream. Until now. While Messi encounters the new guy, he already feels a new possible 'feeling' engulfing him. His orbs never leave the younger's,  without them knowing how awkward the situation is getting. They end up catching up with each other through a smile, and eye contact and a short conversation. Three elements, and one encounter is all that was needed for sparks to appear between the two. Over the span of a month, Neymar finally frees a special place in his heart he's been waiting to free for a special someone. Now, one more heartbreak and he's gone. He's taken the risk and built a free space, just for someone he thinks is 'for him'. But the events that await, can possible shatter the special bond of the two. Will repentance mend Neymar's fragile heart of glass? Or will it leave him shattered, with no will left in him, and Messi back to his un-enthusiastic self and possibly a broken one too? Possibilities are endless, and we're too early to judge. Or are we?

____________________

This novel is specially dedicated to- HeavenlyxQueen  so, hope you enjoy! (You better.) I was thinking of writing one too for arg's out-standing and long-awaited win, and here we are. Cheers if you ship ney and messi 🥂