Chapter-9

Messi's pov.
_____________

At this point, I was completely exasperated  and perplexed. I didn't know what to solve first, or what to say. But one matter that distressed me more than abandoning my career for the next two weeks, is the fact that Neymar knows I kissed- no Antonella kissed me. How'd he know? I mean...I felt my heart nearly bursting when she approached me for the kiss, and I'm sure Neymar saw it from the wrong angle, or else he wouldn't make a fuss. This is an already very perplexed situation, and we both need the end of our explanations to meet. It's most likely that it's not gonna if we rush over and he starts exaggerating, but I'll try to keep my cool too. I love him more than he is doubting that I do right now. I feel sick, just to the thought of me and Antonella being intimate. It makes me sick to the guts, we're just friends. A literal dare messed up my nearly complete love life. It was just two months away god dammit. I feel like slapping myself until I bleed now, but I've got to make things right. I'll make him mine, and I'll prove the fact that I do love him with all I ever possibly can, and that it was not me who kissed Anto. It's the opposite. I can just imagine his fatigued look, body completely pale and looking worn out, and surely heartbroken. It aches me badly, these thoughts and images of him keep nagging me. It's ticking me more than it already should. Our bond has been ruptured. It doesn't feel right to face him..I feel guilty. His voice is lingering all over my mind now, his laugh, the little scrunch that's there when he laughs and smiles. His under-toned skin always glistening under the sunlight like sand. His orbs hooked with mine majority of the training session. The oittle memories we made. The intimate little gestures we shared. And the only thing that was left before our relation fell apart, was to exchange our feelings. Our psyche close to one another in affinity, and we were complete. This was one of the most spectacularly heart rending Christmas that Ney will always remember, and so will I. This time of cheer was meant to be me and him, and how Anto took his place. I know that it is on me for letting her to and not surging myself apart from her. Even the slip ons I always see Ney's feet accumulated with, was instead hers. Everything on that Eve felt foreign. It was too fast for me. I was both physically and mentally gone in a way, because i'd never replace Ney with anyone else, factually when no one can replicate him in my eyes. I was bewildered and set aback knowing that I let Anto..kiss me. Nothing get's more revolting than this. Yes, she is someone that I regarded in my life. Come on, we've been friends since like 5th grade. But, she was in the wrong to see me her in a place we're never gonna be, not even in my dreams or fantasies. The one, and only one person that I'll ever let exist in my fantasies is Ney. He's someone I've always felt cozy with, and someone I can socialize around with. He's put me to places I could never see myself in without him by my side, let alone talking to a soul. He's a blessing to my life, and i want it back. I make a mental note of this, and look out of the window, the clouds scattered as far as my eyes could reach. Here I come, Brazil.
.
.
.
.
.
.
9 hours in, and I can't wait to meet my sunshine. Well, he's for sure dull now, squirming under the sheets in the agonizing pain, mentally. The effects would get him physically too, and the thought of it racks me in the head. I'm such a moron to not be there when he left, just so that he could be away from somewhere where...I am. I suffered too these couple weeks while he was gone, and the pain that brought me nearly to my knees when I wouldn't see him on pitch, it was getting to a point where I started getting anorexic in a way. I stopped eating, not willing to do anything in general. It just did not feel the way it should've bee. It felt wrong. It felt wrong to let a day pass by without seeing his face. Without seeing him smile. I'm attached. I nearly blacked out from the increase of tensity after Dani said Ney had changed his number, which meant neither could I even try, nor did I have chances. But his father called, and I was over whelmed to know that he reached out to do so.., yet he knew what I had done to his son..which I never intended to do in the first place. My body felt stiff, and due to that I have to keep on squirming around from time to time to make sure that my legs don't fall asleep. The excitement that was getting me was un-imaginable. I thought I'd lost him forever..yet I tried and at some point Ney was giving up on me. But now, that I have a chance, I'll use it. I'll accept my loss if I really do loose him, but at least I'll be able to re-assure myself knowing that I tried to do all that I had in my power to bring him back. Thinking about loosing him f*cks me up like no other, but I can just picture what's gonna happen if he really doesn't want to forgive me..feels revolted in my presence..it creeps me. Yet, I'm not giving up. Not so soon. I'll do all that I have in my power to make him mine, forever. Two hours left til I land. I might as well keep up with Ney's physical/mental state. Oh, and how I wanna constrict him between my arms now, and whisper sweet and affectionate words into his ear, assuring him that I'll never leave his sight. This must be Ney's dad's number, I reckon. I was in too much of a hurry on catching my flight, well, that led me to not saving his number. At least I'm sure I have it. It's ringing...holy shit it's actually his father..

- "H-Hello?"

- "It's Lionel, yes?" I felt goosebumps from his tad bit of a hoarse and intimidate tone to his voice. Woah. Ney is exactly opposite of his father, apparently.

- "Y-Yes sir!" The line fell silent, and a sigh was audible from the other line. He's probably upset with what I did...oh dear God save me.

- "You know that you have a lot of explaining to do, is that right Lionel?" His voice remained the same but I swear there was a softness to it. I thoughy he'd be swearing at me at this point, well I'm grateful that he's not, Oh thank God.

- "Yes sir, I-I'm sorry.." I feel like a cat drenched in water.

- "You knew that you two had a thing for each other, and yet, why'd you kiss another girl?" I wouldn't have been so considerate if this would've happened to my son today. Well.. honestly..I wish Antonella was here to explain herself, where as I'm here because of her, just to suffer.

- "I-I didn't mean to.."

- "Lionel, you-"

- "Sir please.. give me a chance. I beg you sir..I will be sure to keep your son happy in whatever place, and whichever condition we are in. I-I love him..I want to cherish him sir..I really do want him in my life, I swear to God I will give him more than what he deserves..I know I'm in the wrong.. Ple-" my ramble was brought to a halt by a 'quiet' from the other line. I fell silent, noticing that I had rather rambled on a bit too loudly, turning quiet a few necks to my direction.

- "Listen to me first Lionel." He sighed again, this time heavily. I could hear my heart beat at eleven thousand miles per second. A bead of sweat left my forehead, my grip on the phone weaking from my fingers trembling in all the possibilities of what his father would say now.

- ".....He loves you like no one person un this world does to him, Lionel. Not even me, being his father. He cries for you day and night, it pains me. I wish I could stop him then and there from the pain, but I needed proof that he still loves you. The tears he sheds, it's all for you. Now he's blaming himself for all that happened. By what I heard, he said- 'I should've confessed earlier' and 'If only I would stop them, they wouldn't kiss. It was my fault. I've always been the reason to all hardships in my life..but..at least he's happy with Anto now.' These were heart rending to hear as a father, Lionel. And it's likely much harder for you to hear statements that aren't true, most of it being that you are happy with a girl named Antonella, and not Jr. Is that true?" I was set aback knowing that Ney was carrying all the blame..for me. It made my eyes sting from the tears forming, and I wish I could've just convinced him that it's all on me. He left for me..he 's been taking all the blame...degrading himself...no. I can't stand this.

- "No. It's never been, and never will be. Sir, I wish I could explain you the scenario now, But it's better that I talk it out after I land in Brazil. Just take care of your son for the next hour, and I'll be there by 6 pm. Don't let him shed I tear until I arrive." I felt confident now, I'm gonna stand my ground. I'm getting him back for once, and coming out clean. This is it.

- "Alright then young man, glad to know that you really are head over heels for my son. Let me know once you arrive." I smiled, glad to know that someone has my back, and thay being Ney's own father. I have a lot to plan and talk with him about. We exchanged a few more words, then our call ended. I slid my phone back into my pocket, switching it back again to airplane mode. The bubble of glee that is swelling in my stomach is already more than enough to explain how over -joyed I am to get him back, once and for all. If not,..I'll only be left with one option. That being, .   .    .       .         .             .                 .                             . attempt of suicide.

_______________

There's a hint to what Leo said just now. And ik ya'll are big-brainers so comment what you think might be the little happy hunch to that statement.

Hint- He won't be dead anyway. ^-^