Chapter-2

Messi's pov.
_____________

I'm already having trouble to get Neymar's angelic face out of my head, and Aguero just had to make it worse. Now here we are, gathered on the couch. Well not exactly, Veratti and Aguero took Dani in, and Dani supposedly took 'revenge' by pushing me down to the floor from the couch. I think he forgot who's house he's at. I just reply him with a glare and scoff...I'm not interested in getting myself into a fuss over something childish. I take my controller and feel my ankle brushing with someone else's as I proceeded to fold my legs. I wanted to scoot over to the far side to avoid further contact, but not after I glanced over to see who it is. I felt myself slouch over slightly from being completely absent-minded, locking my eyes on Neymar. Thank God he was looking at the screen, or else I was somewhere near to being doomed. Well, if not for me acting so 'un-enthusiastic' , It would be me being prone to getting caught staring at him for hours, back to back. I'm never as surprised or excited when someone new ever joins in, but this guy caught all of my attention. And when I say all of it I mean all of it. I know, I know it's only the first day and it's most likely that this is just an attraction of the eye but my heart says otherwise. Just a look at him, and I'm in an alternative universe. He just captivates me between his fingers grasp without even knowing that he is! I really hope that this isn't atrraction. I really want us to be friends, perhaps that's the first step I should take...because the faster I do things, the worse. I need to know if this is attraction, or my actual ideal. I feel a pair of hands waving over my eyes, soon shaking my head out of my possible 'plan' to see what's going on with me. Neymar gazes at me with his confused orbs, lips slightly apart. Oh man his lips are juicy. Shut up Messi, god dammit. I smile awkwardly and take my controller, as Neymar flashes a small smile at me. I think this Brazillian is gonna be the death of me.

Neymar's pov.
_______________

Leo's lips curve into a smile as he approaches the controller, but return his smile with mine. He notices out of the corner of his eye, chuckling to himself and taking the controller in his hands. I really don't know how he's so charming. I turn my eyes to the screen when I feel a tap at my shoulder, but bad timing, the game's starting. And I feel like slapping myself when I know who it is that's tapping my shoulder. I shudder when I feel air hitting my ears, and my ears probably went a crimson red. Leo's barely-audible chuckle rings sharp to my ears. My grip on the controller immediately goes tight.

- "Good luck on the win, because I hate loosing, Neymar." I swear I could feel him smirk at me. But i went back on the gameplay as Leo shifted back to his place, pretending like nothing happened.
.
.
.
.
.
Me and Messi won on 3-1. It felt nice knowing that this was my first ever win with Messi, well not as in 'officialy' but I really enjoyed playing with him. Playing with a man who is skilled in, you name it, feels like an absolute thrill and also when it's the first time. I'm probably exaggerating, but this feeling is worth it. I kept on getting shudders from excitement, when I soon realized I over looked something. Leo was exchanging glances with me whenever I tended to look to his side, and I wonder why. I noticed that his eyes were trying to communicate with mine, but I felt stupid for not being able to. But curiosity has to maintain it's legacy of being a bitch, and it's creeping up on me. What did he wanna tell me? What would he possibly want to tell the newbie, that also way younger than him? I reckon it was a good for nothing. But I could see he was tryna say something..no doubt. Maybe I should just shrug it off? It's nearly 4 in the evening now, and we're getting ready to take our leave. I stand in the hallway in the first floor, fixing my hair knowing that it's completely fine. But I just got a strong urge to, ya know? The last time I saw Leo around here was in the kitchen while he passed us chilled cans of beer. I scrunched my nose at the taste and tried my best not to gag. It felt awful to my throat. Anways. I hear Dani calling out for me, probably to leave. I jog across the living room and cross the strap of my duffle bag round my shoulder. Aguero calls out for Leo since he's out of sight for us, we're at his front door. He runs down the stairs and sprints to us, nearly tripping over. I hear a small cackle from Veratti and Aguero while I just stand there, fiddling with the strap of my duffle bag as Leo makes eye contact with me again.

- "See you all at practice again.. then." His eyes never leave my sight. Oh god. Everyone waves at him and jogs to their cars as I proceed to take small steps. And I felt regret engulfing me when I felt a hand grasping my bicep and dragging me inside and behind the front door, with my back to the door. Leo is inches away from my face as our nose tips collide. I feel like dying now, honestly. The Lionel Messi one-to-one with me, with so much intimacy?! And that to, out of all four of us here, it had to be me? The puny Brazillian?!? I don't feel alright. This is too much for me. I feel Leo inching closer, when he shifts his face to the side of my neck, his lips grazing on the skin of my shoulder. A shiver runs down my spine as the strap of my duffle bag slides past my arm to the ground, from my loose grip. This is becoming too much for me to take. Leo raises the upper half of his head, revealing his eyes covered by a few thin strands of his hair. And ofcourse, me being me, I couldn't avoid him. I just fear that if I pushed him away now, this could get controversial. He might as well make up things and spread rumours, even though I know he's not like that in general. But most importantly, the friendship bond that we're building, is gonna probably shatter. He smiles widely and rather cheekily, as a hint of his un-seen side. His playful and not so dull side. This is not the Leo I've seen, but it's making me weak in the knees.

- "Just wanted to let you know before you leave,...you're cute~" He whispered the last part on my lips. I nearly fainted when he did. I felt my eyes automatically going wide, this whole situation resulting me to be very visibly flustered. I looked away and smiled to myself.

- "T-Thanks.." I blurt out. I tried my best to get this out of me. There's nothing you can get out of me when I'm so shy, and that too, in such a squirmy-esque situation!

- "Just a thank you from the very cheeky Neymar Jr I see all over the internet?" He snickers playfully. Oh god he has seen me doing stupid things. Now this is getting embarassing.

- "H-Hey! You're so much m-more handsome than I am! You don't lack of any skills, or looks, or words! You're all that anyone can wish for, and it's the same with..me.." I make sure the last word to only be audible to me. Messi pats my head and chuckles, giving me a tight side hug before bringing me to the front door.

- "We should talk more, Ney." I'm in love with my new nickname. I smile at him, trying not to fall to the ground on my knees since he has made me go weak. Not fair. He picks my duffle bag which I nearly would've forgotten to take, if not for him. He smiles as he hands it over, waving me goodbye. I return it with a small wave too, and soon turn to my car and hop in. This Argentine is gonna be the death of me.

Time skip.
___________

I return back home with a stupid smile plastered across my face. I post a few pictures I had taken in between breaks while in practice at Camp Nou. I don't think twice before posting the picture to my story, most of them videos of Dani goofing around and..Leo in the back. I feel curious as I sit on the couch and decide to stop and see if it was really him or not. I pause during one of the videos I recorded and it's Leo but he's...smiling at the camera? I shake my head, sure that I'm just too head over heels for him. I leave the duffle bag in the living and go straight for a shower, then to bed. I need a good 10 hour sleep, I really have been tiring myself since the past week. I need to regain all the energy that I lost, and probably need to eat more. I look pale as frick and like the most puniest looking man you'll see in Barcelona. I slip out of my clothes and walk into the shower cubicle, letting the luke-warm water hit my head, then trail sensually down my back, then reach the thighs and pool up on the tiles below my feet. I can totally imagine Leo behind me, the water being his finger, sensually running across my back then grasping my thighs, and lifting me from the floor. And the rest, is the rest. We don't talk about that. I shampoo my hair and leave the shampoo on while rubbing soap all over my body. I rinse it all off and walk out to see the vanity mirror above the wash basin to be clouded by the steam. I wrap a towel around my waist and walk out, flopping on my bed. I stare at the ceiling, constantly thinking about our already growing friendship. Then blooming to a lovely relationship. Which is bound to never happen, because that's just what faith probably has planned out for me. Yet, I give thanks to God for all that I have and continue to think about Leo, and just the thought of him lulls me to sleep without me knowing.

______________________