Chapter X

a/n: I cannot put into words how sorry I am for making y'all wait 6 freaking months for an update on this, but... here. it. is! Have an early Christmas present, my dearest readers! 

Happy Holidays/Merry Christmas! 💚❤💛💙

───── ・-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-. ─────

Fall, Year 1961.

───── ・-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-. ─────

Maroon hues had subtly began to conquer the once bright and lush emerald greens of the warm, summer season. Most trees kept their leaves with darker olive colors, whilst some let the biting breeze of autumn tear them away from their rightful place on the branches, leaving said limbs completely naked to the world.

Alcina loved to observe the change of season whilst sitting on a plush couch, as comfortable as a bed, located in one of the highest towers of the castle. From up there, she could easily enjoy the seasons merge with one another, as it gradually became more apparent; subtly, more and more browns and oranges took over, turning the world from a vastness of warmth and flourishing greens into a sweet and delightful prism of apple cider and cinnamon crust colored views.

She did not enjoy this alone, of course.

Sitting by her, comfortably snuggled up against her large figure laid her most faithful companion. The soft setting sun rays seemed to shyly reach over and caress the seamstress' relaxed visage, providing her with a somewhat goddess-like aura in Alcina's eyes. She couldn't tear away her gaze, with a loving smile she stared at her lover as she napped away the beautiful turn of sunset into night—not that Alcina minded being the only one to see it, as she raked her long, slender fingers through the [H/C]-haired's soft locks, absentmindedly ensuring the girl's swift descent into a peaceful sleep.

Alcina knew she deserved the rest, more than anybody else.

[N] had worked hard those past few weeks, as the end of summer approached and the vineyard needed even more tending to for the final stretch of the season. Yet another successful year that Lady Dimitrescu could toast to, finally, after dealing with seemingly endless business contracts and tradings. She continued her family's wine production with great professionalism and pride, as it should, and [N] had been there to help her this time, making the process much smoother than in prior years. The Lady felt compelled to think this year's success had been partially related to the former maiden's work—[N] completely denied it, however, the moment the Lady's praise gratefully slipped past her red-tinted lips, and insisted it had all been a team effort, she and the maidens had worked together, equally as hard for their dearest lady.

Even though Alcina did not refute such statement, deep inside she still believed her lover had done more than any other—including the new outfits she so loved to show off every chance she got.

A gentle smile tugged at her lips as she darted her gaze from her sleeping lover's figure to her beautifully sewn pearl white dress; from all attires carefully crafted by the seamstress, the one she had secretly worked on for weeks was, and with reason, the Lady's most favorite. She had no trouble thanking the woman time and time again for the wonderfully sewn dress, which, without fault, always made [N] blush crazily. The proud smile that would appear on her lovely lips right after forever would make the Countess' heart flutter in delight.

She brought her full attention back to the maiden in her embrace, just as the very last rays of sun faded into a thin cherry-red line on the horizon. Upon the lack of natural light, the woman stirred awake slowly, groggily attempted to sit up with a cute, quiet groan slipping past her lips. Alcina observed with a small smile as her lover stretched the sleepiness away, partially at least, and turned swiftly to meet her intense gaze. [N] immediately beamed up at her, although there was a certain hint of guilt swimming in her [E/C] eyes.