Chapter 7- The Eraliths

Virion Eralith POV: 

I'm currently heading to the Royal Transporter Square with my son and his wife, as Alea said, a few hours after her message, we received news that the Royal Transporter had been used.

Once I got there, my son and his wife ran out and took Tessia in their arms, even though I was also happy to see her again, I concentrated on the boy who was right behind, he seems to be the same age if not younger than my granddaughter, Glancing behind me, I see Alea standing back nodding in agreement with the boy. 'So it was he who saved Tessia, but didn't Alea say that the boy had to be a mage and that he had killed 4 adults, when he was only four, what kind of monster is He?', I then look to see if he is indeed a mage but what I see shocks me even more. 'He has a dark red core and he has a beast will and a strong one. What is certain is that his beast is stronger than mine but he seems to have acquired it recently because he is not assimilated to it. '

After my son "invited" the boy to the palace, my granddaughter rushed to the boy and pulled him to the carriage with a smile on her lips making us all freeze on the spot for a few seconds

'Looks like the little girl was able to take advantage of this event, it's been a long time since I've seen her smile like that at someone other than nanny'

Once arrived we moved directly into a room with some guard and Alea to listen to the child. The boy then introduced himself, his name being Arthur Leywin and coming from a small remote town of Sapin called Ashber, he then told how he was separated from his parents following a bandit attack. He had to say that he is a mage which made one of the guards get angry threatening him not to lie in front of the royal family, after I fired the guard from the room, he continued his story telling how he saved the princess from the slave traders.

At this, my son slammed both of his hands on the table, his eyes narrowing into a menacing glare.

"I should've known it was humans..."

The boy corrected his mildly racist comment and said, "They were slave traders. Them and bandits alike prey on, not just elves, but humans as well, speaking as a victim myself."

This caused Alduin to shut his mouth before sitting back down, letting out a soft cough.

"I didn't ask Tess... *ahem* the Princess this, but I am curious as to how slave traders even got their hands on the princess of this kingdom," He queried

Alduin almost looked embarrassed before saying, "My wife and I had a bit of a disagreement with Tessia and she decided to rebel by running away. We had decided to let her cool off a bit before fetching her back because we knew where she usually stayed when she pouted, but unfortunately, she ran into some hu... slave traders."

He sneak in a small grin at Tess and she responded by sticking out her tongue, face flushed.

'It seems that the two children are a little closer than I thought,' I thought with a smile 'To say that the first inter-race relationship would be in connection with my granddaughter, I will have to take a little more care of my cactus now'

After the discussion with the finished kid, there's only me, Alduin, Merial and Alea left in the room "Alea tell us what you think of the kid you could observe more than us." I ask

"From what I could see, the boy did not seem to know the identity of the princess during their journey, he discovered it when the guards knelt, so I think that the boy has no hostile intention against the royal family and that he is not an accomplice of the kidnappers",

"Thank you Alea you can leave, I'll see you later in my office" I told her knowing that she had something to say to me personally

Once everyone leaves the room, I head to my office and sit in my chair waiting for Alea