Rain

You swing your arm down gripping onto Kai's waistband and pulling out a tiny dagger he had attached to him. You immediately cut the zip-line wire and land on your feet.

"Y/n, what are you doing?" Kai shouts at you as you remove the harness from yourself

"I'm not leaving them. I'll make it back safe another way. I'll see if I can find Sakae too." You state shoving your hands in your pockets. Kai sighs and walks over to you engulfing you in a tight hug as tears fled his eyes

"You better not die." Kai sobs quietly as he tightens his grip more.

"Can't make any promises. I hate your management for choosing to leave us here." You admit as you finally return the hug

"Me too." He cries into your shoulder. You pull away slowly as you could hear more sobs coming from him.

"I'll see you in a couple days, okay? With Sakae." You say while giving him a small smile. He nods and scruffs up your hair

"Keep the dagger. You'll need it. I'd give you a gun but these things are attracted by sound." Kai sighs out and you nod gripping the dagger. The dagger was something Father gave him when he was young and in training. Kai removed his chain around his neck that had 'K' melted into the metal and put it around you.

"Corny." You murmur as he pushes your head with a smile

"Now you have a reason to get back to me. I want my chain back." He jokes as they throw another zip line down. Kai hugs you tightly one last time and kisses the crown of your head before having someone pull him into the helicopter. You walked over the group as they all had disappointed faces on watching the helicopter fly off.

"Why'd you stay?" Su-hyeok questions as he looks down at you

"Because i'll feel like shit if I left you all, this is my Father's fault after all." You murmur trying to keep your cold demeanour.

"Sure that's the only reason?" Su-hyeok teases as you glare at him. He throws his hands up in defence as he chuckles. Your anger started boiling inside your body. Your own Father, your own flesh and blood decided to leave you. The only reason they were forcing you on that chopper was because Kai argued with him. He would've left you and you knew it. Your jaw clenched as you glared at the chopper in the distance.

"They abandoned us. Didn't they? No one's come to save us now?" Hyo-ryung cries

"That's my Dad for you." You murmur as you shove your hands in your pockets playing with the dagger

"But why did they do that?" Joon-yeong questions

"Maybe...they thought that all of us were already fucking zombies" Wu-jin assumes

"They would have killed us. They wouldn't have left us...here alive if they thought that." Joon-yeong responds

"Someone in the camp may have been what Nam-ra and Gwi-nam are, knowing that...then they might of got hungry and purposely fed on someone. There's no way of telling if we're infected or not knowing that the virus is evolving at a rapid pace." You give your assumption and Su-hyeok wraps an arm around your shoulder. Cheong-san runs over to the small fire kicking and stomping on it letting all his anger that's in him out physically

"What are you doing?" On-jo questions grabbing his arm

"It's pointless. No one's coming. No one else is coming." Cheong-san says through gritted teeth as he starts kicking the 'SOS' sign with pure rage. You could only stare at his actions with a neutral expression. You can't say your surprised knowing that they put your heartless Father in-charge. Your anything but surprised...mainly your disappointed that Kai willingly went along with it...sure he was hesitant but if it were you in his shoes you'd happily disobey your Father to save the school kids.

Cheong-san screams in anger as everyone bows there head in hurt, betrayal and disappointment.

"I'm sorry." You mumble and Cheong-san charges at you grabbing your shoulders

"Stop apologising for your Father's actions. You did it with my Mum. You're nothing like him! If you hate your Father, why keep up this stupid cold demeanour!?" Cheong-san yells in your face. Your eyes stared into his. A cold expression written on your face. You don't speak...how do you respond to that?

"Cheong-san, enough. She was brought up that way and this is who she is!" Su-hyeok defends pulling you away from Cheong-san.

"Sorry. I'm...i'm just pissed that...I didn't even think what you would be feeling...your own Dad and brother...abandoned you...I-I...I'm sorry, Y/n." Cheong-san stammers.

"It's fine." You murmur walking up to him as soon as your close enough he wraps himself around you hugging you tightly. His muscles relax and you slowly pull away.

"Sorry" He mumbles and you nod your head offering a light smile. He lets a small smile appear on his face.

~🧟🧟‍♀️🧟‍♂️~

Suddenly Nam-ra falls to the ground wailing in pain while covering her ears. You run and crouch down in front of her putting your hands on her shoulders unaware of what to do

"You okay?" You question worriedly

"My ears hurt so bad." She cries holding her ears

"You'll look dumb but it's the best I can think of." You murmur taking off your hooded-jacket and wrapping the sleeves around her ears making it tight leaving you in a ripped white blood stained crop top with your grey joggers and shoes.

"It's raining. It's raining. Yes, it's raining!" Dae-su cheers as it starts to rain heavily while thundering. You grumble under your breath as you already start to feel the cold

"At least the weather will keep Gwi-nam away." You murmur quietly watching the rain droplets fall from the sky. Everyone's trying to catch rain either in there hands or mouth. Wu-jin and Dae-su doing rain angels while sticking there tongue out.

"Ahh, it's so nice." Wu-jin cheers. Hyo-ryung, Ji-min and On-jo burst into tears looking at the sky. You get up and lean against a wall near the rooftop door standing in the rain.

"What the fuck?" Ji-min cries. You look over at Joon-yeong to see him sobbing as he throws his head back. Your eyes dart down to now see the two best friends that was once cheering now crying as well. Like everyone had just lost the hope they once was given by the rain.

Su-hyeok walks up to you putting one hand beside your head as he grins looking down at you. You raise an eyebrow tilting your head to look up at the grinning man.

"Yes?" You question

"I've always wanted to do this." He whispers as you scrunch your face up in confusion. He leans down and all of a sudden you feel butterflies erupt in your stomach as you feel his lips on yours. You slowly place your hands on each side of his face pulling him closer as his hands travel down your body then back up. He tilts your head more up deepening the kiss. Eventually you pull away for air and smile at him.

"Kissing in rain a dream of yours?" You question through pants

"No. Kissing you in rain has been, though" He corrects pecking your lips again.

Word Count: 1272