CHRISTMAS ONE SHOT

A WHOLE YEAR PASSED. A whole year since Tsukishima and L/n had met. They'd practically become inseparable. Even virtually. They hadn't in real life yet. They'd been through it all, online. That had to change.

Tsukishima grew worried as L/n hadn't responded to his messages for the past two days. He was always checking his notifications and couldn't keep his head in the game.

Yamaguchi saw his bestfriend fidgeting as he looked at his phone for the hundredth time and approached him. " They still haven't responded?"

The blond looked at his friend seeming annoyed. " Do you think I'd be checking my phone like maniac if they had?" He sighs. " Sorry. I'm just fucking stressed."

" It's okay. I understand. Maybe they have a good reason." He patted his shoulder in comfort.

Y/n had told him to be nicer with Yamaguchi when they'd first met him. Tsukishima obeyed obviously, which earned him a "good boy". (Gabriella's idea btw)

"HOW DO YOU FEEL?" Gabriella asked Y/n as they got ready to board the train.

" I'm excited. Really excited." They were scared out of their mind. Meeting someone for the first time when you're socially awkward isn't the easiest thing ever.

" Bae, everything is gonna be alright." Emiko reassured them as he could feel their anxiety.

" I hope so."

"TRAIN TO MIYAGI FROM TOKYO ARRIVES IN 1 MINUTE. PLEASE STAND AWAY FROM THE EDGE."

Y/n sighed. This was actually happening. They were gonna meet him. For real.

" Okay. It's time. " Gabriella brought them into a huge hug. " You got this."

Emiko at his turn engulfed his taller friend. " Go get your man."

" Emi." They deadpanned.

" Okay, okay." He chuckled letting go of them.

" THE TRAIN TO MIYAGI FROM TOKYO HAS ARRIVED. "

" Have fun."

" I'll try."

" Text us when you get there."

They waved back at their friends before sitting at their seat.

" I got this."

5:08 pm

Tsukishima Kei:
Y/n? Are you alright?

I've been leaving messages
left and right but you still
Haven't responded.

Y/n?

Read at 5:09pm

" What the hell? They read my text but still didn't respond. " His words made Yamaguchi look up and text furiously on his phone. " What are you doing?"

He almost squeaked in surprise. " Nothing."

" Yamaguchi, do you know something I don't?"

" Nope. Look at the time." He said awkwardly before leaving.

Kei stared at him as he went further down the streets.

" Y/N!" Yamaguchi shouted to get their attention. After spending, 90 minutes on the train, they were finally in miyagi.