The Part Where Stuff Happens

I woke up in... My room? When did I get here? The last thing I remember is almost hitting my head on the floor and warm arms...

What happened?

"Oh honey, you're awake. It must've been a rough night babysitting al of those kids. Mrs. Potts must have a lot of nephews. It was so nice of you to agree to help her with them." My mom said, bursting into my room.

I nodded, unable to say anything. So apparently, now I have a cover story, Yay! I get to lie to all of my friends and my mom!

"The man who dropped you off was so nice! What was his name again? Liam? Logan? Oh, I can't remember, but he was very sweet. So you're going babysitting again tomorrow? It really is sweet of you to babysit, but remember, soon the break will be over, and school will start again. Oh, and here's the money you earned. I'm really proud of you honey."

My mom said in what seemed like one breath. She kissed my head and left, leaving the money on my desk.

My mind whirled, spinning faster and faster, until I stumped onto my pillows and sighed.

Only 16 and I already have a secret life! Uhhhh... But I'm happy that my mom is being so trusting... Wait.. Whose Liam? Or Logan.

I don't know... But I guess I'll find out tomorrow. At least I did get payed in the end.

T-t-t-t-t-Time Skip!!!!!

I stood in front of Stark Tower and contemplated the meaning of life and the risk of just going next door and getting bubble tea.

I wish I could... But I'd feel bad for leaving Pepper alone with the kids and Thor and Loki. And... I need the money.

I sighed and pushed open one of the glass doors and started walking towards the secretary desk.

Behind it sat a lady named, apparently from her name plate on the desk, Jennifer. She didn't look much older than me, but despite her pink over-coat that she had hanging over the back of her chair, she had an air of steadiness around her, like she could take on anything.

"Um... Hello?" I said, it being more of a question then a statement.

"Hello. I assume you are Katy?" She said with a soft accent that I couldn't quite place.

Hold up... I didn't tell anyone my name. Not even Pepper or the kids. So how do they know it and where I live!

"I don't know who that is." I decided to proceed with caution.

"Hm, you are funny! Take the elevator over there." She smiled at me in an amused kind of way and pointed towards an elevator that had a sign saying 'Out of Order' on it.

I turned around, mad that she had been playing with me, but she had disappeared. All that was left was her pink over-coat. And now I look closer, it looks at least twice her size.

I walked over to the broken elevator and looked at it puzzled. I jumped back when it opened and carefully stepped inside.

Suddenly, the elevator flew up like gravity didn't have a hold on it any more.

Than it stopped. I clutched my stomach, feeling sick. The doors opened revealing a high-backed chair turned with its back towards me.

"So... You're here." A man spun around to face me. He was a middle-aged man, wearing a suit that had its sleeves rolled up.

"Uh... Ya. I'm the babysitter. Who are you?" I said with caution and suspicion.

"I'm Agent Coulson and sorry, couldn't resist, that chair was in the perfect spot!" He told me, smiling.

"That's... Ok?"

"Good, now let's talk about your work details. Obviously this is all top secret and you have to sign forms of silence, etc. You will be payed well for this and you'll come everyday after school and on Saturdays. The rest, we will handle."

My mind was spinning from all the information he had just given me.

"But what about school?" I asked worried.

"Don't worry, we will have agents come in to help you babysit the kids so you can study. It will all work out! Now let's get to work!"

----------
And... Fin!

Another chapter! I really should make these updates faster and longer, but I have so much to do. :(

Thank you to all those who give me such nice words and encouragement! It means a lot!

Even those silent readers!

•Vote•Comment•Love•

^_^
Byez

Rainbow