Chapter... Whatever

It was a Wednesday when I decided that I hated arts and crafts with a passion.

The day was going pretty well. The kids were quietly playing with each other, and nothing had been set on fire, carved to pieces, or disassembled with the vague promise to reassemble it 'later'.

All in all, it was shaping up to be the most peaceful day I'd had in a while.

Until HE came.

One who I had once considered a friend had betrayed me, bringing with him...

Art supplies.

Gabe, apparently oblivious on what he had brought down on us, had gone all out, bringing paint, markers, crayons, paper in every hue, and my most dreaded enemy, glitter glue.

It's a mix of two of my least favourite art tools the kids use, glitter and glue.

Usually, it takes sometime to get the mix of sparkly bits and sticky mess into my hair, but with them pre-mixed, they can just dump it on my head no problem.

As soon as he dumped the plastic bags on the table I declared that it was my break.

"Aw! C'mon Kate! You want to miss out on the fun?" The traitor asked.

"Nope, not doing it." I backed away shaking my head "They do not pay me enough to deal with this."

"I buy you doughnuts." Gabe sing-songed. "The fancy ones from the hipster cafe that you like."

"Trying to bribe my won't work." I stated, trying to stand strong against such a promise.

"And lunch for a week?" Gabe added.

It was too much.  Gabe knew my weakness: the fact that I am totally broke.

"Fine, fine." I relented "You totally owe me."

Clint tugged at my leg. "Help me with arrows."

I was glad I that I wasn't made out of ice cream, because I'm 98.9% sure I would have melted.

"Yeah of course, archer extraordinaire." I smiled down at him. "Just... Not real ones this time, ok?"

He pouted, but this was one thing I would not back down on. Last time I did, I had to go to the emergency room and couldn't sit for a week.

"Nope, not happening bud. It's cardboard, glue, and paper for you."

He pouted one more time and ran off to recruit Natasha to his cause.

"I am so glad we removed the sharp objects." I muttered to myself.

After that, it was a frenzy of arguing over who gets what, the concept of sharing, and makeshift arrows that spattered the walls with paint because Clint had decided that paint-covered brushes had the best aero-dynamics.

I sighed, fondly remembering the times when he only made paper airplanes.

It lifted my spirits to see most of the group surrounding Gabe, after making the consensus that he made the best canvas(ignoring the actual canvases that their human mural had brought).

His face had been taken over by Steve, who was effectively making him into one of the most patriotic displays I have ever seen.

His right arm was claimed by Bruce, who had oddly painted it a bright orange and was writing random symbols overtop.

The left arm was Tony's, covered in Lego blocks and various zoo animals as he giggled madly. I was a bit worried, but figured that whatever Tony was doing, karma was probably responsible.

After all, he was the one who had gotten the art supplies and brought it down on himself.

Natasha had left Clint for the opportunity to draw, and was sketching dinosaurs and robots in sharpie. I winced in sympathy, that would be hard to get out later.

I was sure he would have a matching set later when Clint got bored of his shooting game.

Gabe stared at me pleadingly. Shaking my head, I stepped back, he had brought this on himself and besides, I was messy enough myself.

He glared at me and mouthed "traitor".

I shrugged, not feeling any guilt. Takes one to know one.

Clint had started to work on his other leg, so I announced I was going out for lunch.

"You look like you have it under control. Bye!" I smiled, waving as the door slid shut choking off his yell.

Yes, it was nice to have a partner.

-----------------------------
And... Done!

I've updated, so plz don't freeze me!
Doughnuts for forgiveness?

Plz comment ideas, questions, or comments!

Thanks🎶