Star Talkers

"Xav." I said as a faint whisper catching my breath.

"Mhm." He said.

"Be mine." I asked looking up at him.

The moon behind me with all the stars, there was a chill in the air but with him around everything felt just right.

"No, be mine." Xavier laughed.

I nodded as I kissed him again.

The moon and stars seemed to get lighter the more we kissed. The night was coming to a full, and I gad just fell in love just a bit more.

I grabbed his hand and led him into my bedroom.

"Now I've got something to show you." He smiled as he opened my door and told me to walk with him. I smiled as we walked down the corridors into the courtyard.

"Your mural?" I said looking at it.

"I haven't shown you my talent yet." He smiled lifting up his hand, making the birds come to life and fly around on the wall.

"Oh my God, that's amazing Xav." I said with the biggest smile on my face. There was still a ladder and paint out, Xavier then climbed on and started painting, I sat down in the grass and watched him. Eventually pulling out my phone.

Taking a simple photo of him, the straightened up the picture of the bird

Taking a simple photo of him, the straightened up the picture of the bird. I knew I would use this to sketch soon. The picture was so simple but the human inside of it wasn't. It's so ironic and poetic, I couldn't get enough of it.

Eventually he turned around and got off the ladder. His hands had some paint on them. He walked over to me, took his index finger that had blue paint on it and dabbed it on my nose.

"Hey!" I yelled while he laughed. That's when I tackled him to the ground.

"That's not fair." I giggled on top of him. He laughed hysterically.

Then I look the excess paint off my nose and dotted his cheek with it.

"Okay we yknow what." He said flipping me over still laughing.

"What?" I teased with him hovering over me.

"I think, you look beautiful even with a blue nose." He said smiling. I laughed and rolled my eyes.

My hands met his cheeks as I kissed him softly on this lips. I never wanted nights like this to end.

"Sometimes I wish nights could just stay nights." Xavier said looking above at all the stars.

"I wish days wouldn't blend together, I wish I could've met you earlier in life." I said turning my head to look at him.

He looked so peaceful, his hair framing his face as he looked above at the skyline, his eyes were the only stars I needed though, they had a million little stories in them. And I wanted to know them all.

"I wish." Xavier started, being hesitating.

"I wish, this world could be easier on people like us, I wish I could tell you everything and anything." He finally spat out. His words lingered in the air like cheap cologne.

"You can Xav, I want to know anything and everything." I said to him, his eyes were now looking at me. They were a emerald green, that drew me in. I had always liked green deep down, but since I was a vampire I was expected to like black and red and all that shit. I never really liked any of them though.

"My father is a peice of shit." He said, there were white waterfalls of tears brimming at his eyes. I wanted to build a dam with my brown eyes to protect him from the shedding of tears. So I looked at him until I convinced myself I couldn't.

"I'm sure you've heard of him, the great fucking psychic he is." Xavier extended his response, using his hands to talk now. I could tell her was nervous about telling me this, so while his hands were in the air but grabbed one if them and brought him back down to the ground.

He simply looked at me, grabbed my hand and kissed it, then started back up again. "He has no time for me, none at all. He doesn't even show for parents day, or calls. It's like I'm nonexistent."

"My mental health is a whole other chapter to that as well. He thinks his son should be locked up for not being perfect." Xavier finished ranting. It was enough for me to want to hug him, but I didn't I wanted to share my story to connect with him in a whole new way.

"My parents suck too. They shipped me off here because they can't control me." I said looking up now. I realized it was much easier talking to the stars then it was to face him. So this is how we stayed. Star talkers.

"My father left before I was born, he knew about me just didn't want anything to do with me. So my mom got remarried to another vampire. Vincent. He's controlled my whole life since day one. I hate both of them for treating me like property. So I cut them off." I said still talking to the stars, then turning my head to shift my words to Xavier.

He looked shocked.

"You just cut them off?" He said.

"Mhm, they didn't want me I didn't want them so we went our separate ways." I nodded, he looked amazed.

"Huh, maybe I'll do that next parents day." He laughed. Then looked at me. I couldn't contain laughing from his observation, we both laughed.

"Come on, let's go in it's getting cold." He said getting up and grabbing my hand to pull me up. I fell into his chest from how hard he pulled me. My hand landed on his chest, his hand wrapped around my waist.

I looked up and him, as soon as I did he kissed me.

He pulled out his phone after that and a pair of headphones, he plugged them in and gave me the left bud.

There was a subtle song that came on.

*lmk if you want an playlist to go with this story!*

I couldn't ask for anything better. We walked back to my dorm as he opened the door. He kissed my temple.

"Goodnight darling." He said closing the door. I could hear his footsteps disappear. God I was in love. And there was nothing I could do to change it.

*sorry for the short chapter!*