1 Prologue

Sometime early 2004

A short teen can be seen quickly running out of a convenience store. Various bottles and bags in hand, the teen laughs as the store clerk slips on a nearby puddle. Taking advantage of this, the teen, also known as Yūki, runs into a nearby alley, successfully getting away with his haul.

While making sure he still had everything, he had failed to notice someone standing at the end of the alley. Bumping into this stranger, Yūki accidentally drops a bottle, causing it to shatter against the concrete ground. The taller teen merely glances back in annoyance before turning to stare back at something.

Angered by the lack of manners towards him, the short teen places his items out of the way haphazardly and forcibly turns the other around. Finally being able to see who he bumped into, Yūki could only describe him, simply, as a creep. From the shaggy unkempt black hair to the large square glasses, this guy was a stereotypical creep. Looking to the side, Yūki saw that this guy had been watching a blond boy and his group of friends.

Looking back at the now startled boy in front of him, "What are ya a fag? Why are you creeping on a group of guys of all things?" Yūki questioned, laughing slightly.

This accusation made the taller teen slightly cringe in disgust. How could this random kid come up to him and ask such a question? He was about to answer but decided against it. He wasn't going to just blurt out his reasoning to some random stranger who bumped into him.

Finally getting a good look at Yūki, the other teen decided that calling him a kid was a wrong assumption. In the dark alley, he could tell the right side of Yūki's head was shaved, patchy with a few cuts, as if done with a broken and dull razor, the top being a tangled mess of green. "You gonna keep starin' at me or you gonna answer my question?" Asked the short teen.

Blinking, the teen stated an obvious lie, "I wasn't, I was just waiting for someone when you bumped into me." He began walking away, hoping for the confrontation to be over with. However he was harshly getting yanked back, causing him to fall on his back with a soft grunt.

"You know, I didn't ask for a lie." Crouching down in front of the now fallen teen, "So what's going to happen now, is you're going to tell me your name and hope I don't get anymore pissed. OK?" Yūki threatened in a light hearted tone, smiling innocently, but even a fool could tell what the true meaning of that smile was.

Without hesitation, "Kisaki, Tetta Kisaki!" He was absolutely petrified by the dangerous aura Yūki was emitting. 'What do I even do in this situation?!' Kisaki had never been in a scenario like this before and began panicking slightly.

Seeing the sickening mixture of fear and confusion in Kisaki's gray eyes, Yūki's grin grew. He had gotten tired of seeing the same few faces twist in fear, so seeing this new teen, it had sparked his drive once again.

Bending down, faces almost touching, Yūki started to talk again, alleviating them of the previous silence. "Answer me truthfully this time. You're lucky I'm in such a good mood right now."

So Kisaki, fearfully, began to tell his sob story. A tale that most would mock, saying his situation was ridiculous or call him too desperate. However, Yūki saw potential, he saw a boy so caught up in his emotions that almost nothing else mattered; and he could use that.

After thinking for a moment, Yūki glanced down at the still fallen teen and smirks. "How 'bout I help you."

Not knowing if he heard what the other said properly, Kisaki had asked Yūki to repeat. Pulling the fallen teen up so they were both standing, Yūki looked straight into Kisaki's eyes. Hair being pushed away, Kisaki finally was able to see the others' face. The dirt and grime on the short teen seemed nonexistent when paired with his eyes. Pools of blue and green stared into Kisaki's gray ones, only a small amount of an unknown emotion could be seen in Yūki's eyes.

Tilting his head to the left and putting his hands into his pockets, Yūki repeated, "Let me help you become the greatest delinquent in the world." A smirk plants itself on his face when he saw the other momentarily freeze in shock. Who could blame him though, Kisaki knew himself that his wish was based on a delusion, and then suddenly, someone comes along and wants to help him achieve it?

Kisaki was about to refuse, thinking Yūki was just a random homeless teen, when he noticed a small tattoo on Yūki's neck. A small patch of scales rests just above his collar bone going underneath his shirt towards his arm. That tattoo had been the talk of all delinquents for the past few years now. Someone as conniving and deadly as a snake, The Viper.

Having realized who was standing just a foot away from him, Kisaki began to sweat, thinking the worst. Noticing the change in behavior from Kisaki, Yūki had assumed that he just realized who he was. Roughly yanking the taller teen by the arm with a bright smile, the two exit the dark alley, the stolen food and drinks long forgotten.

"Let's go and get some Udon, what you say Tetta~!"

Word count: 922