16 Hospitals and Cars

August 3, 2005

Everyone stayed still as Yūki fell down unconscious. No one knew what to do since most everyone had already left to check on Draken as soon as Hanma left. They were about to leave as the police got closer when they noticed Yūki stumble out of the tree line. The only ones left were Baji, Smiley, Muto, and their vice-captains Chifuyu, Angry, and Sanzu.

Baji and Chifuyu didn't spare another glance at the dying teen. Baji was one of the few people against Viper helping Toman, so he didn't care about what happened to him. Chifuyu, while he didn't care for how Viper worked, felt conflicted just leaving him there. But in the end he followed his captain, like always.

"Sanzu, go and grab him then meet us at the hospital." Muto commanded before he took Smiley to their bikes, allowing Angry to drive his brother.

"Yes, Captain." Sanzu sprinted over to Yūki, picking him up bridal-style. He then ran back to his bike as the others left him behind.

"Ugh- fuck." Yūki gasped out as he gained consciousness. "How the fuck am I not dead yet.."

Sanzu ignored Yūki as he put him on the motorcycle and got behind him to make sure he didn't fall off. "Just hold on if you can."

They were silent most of the way to the hospital before Yūki asked a question that's been on his mind since he heard the scream. "Is-is Ken ok?... Is he at least alive..." Yūki breathed out, almost losing consciousness again. Sanzu just stayed quiet, not knowing why Yūki was asking while also not knowing the answer himself.

Yūki slowly lost consciousness again causing Sanzu to speed up, not wanting Yūki to die while on him.

August 4, 2003

When Sanzu finally made it to the hospital, all of Toman was there, cheering as they’d just got word of Draken being stable. Sanzu quickly weaved his way through the crowd as he carried Yūki in his arms.

Mitsuya, being in the front, saw Sanzu and quickly ran over. He had originally thought it was another Toman member who broke a leg or something of that nature, but immediately found out that that wasn't the case.

Mitsuya quickly took Yūki from Sanzu's arms. "I got it from here. Thanks, Sanzu." He ran into the hospital, doctors immediately saw and took Yūki away from Mitsuya while he talked to a nurse.

"Do you know how long he's been out or how long he's been bleeding? And could you tell me his name for his file?" The nurse asked, trying to get as much info as she could.

"No I don't, and Yūkichi Ryuguji." Mitsuya answered. 'I guess those two still haven't changed... but what the fuck happened to make them both get stabbed on the same night?'

Yūki woke up the next day in extreme pain and confusion. He didn't remember going to the hospital at all, after getting stabbed everything else was hazy.

He was about to get up and leave when a nurse came in and yelled at him to stay in bed. The doctors later increased his pain meds causing him to fall asleep again.

■━■━■━■

August 10, 2005

Throughout the next few days, Yūki continued to try and leave after waking up only to get stopped. In his opinion, he was ready to leave, but his stitches hadn't healed completely and would rip each time he would try to leave.

Mitsuya was the only one who would visit since he was the only one aware that he was even in the hospital. He had caught Yūki trying to leave numerous times and would drag him back to get stitched up again. Today was one of those days.