Chapter III

English: Normal text
Other language: Underlined text
Thoughts: ' Italic'

——————————————————————————————————————————

"Oh, hello again William-" I came to an abrupt pause. I wasn't supposed to know his name since he hasn't given it to me yet. He opened his eyes, his smile remained the same, but the glint in his eyes seemed dangerous.

"How do you know my name?" He asked, but at the moment it felt like an order. I thought he was kinda famous at this point, or something, but I guess not.

"I didn't. You just look like a 'William', but you kinda just gave it away by saying that." I said with the best poker face I could muster so as to not give it away.

"Oh, so you can guess people's names now? What is mine?" Sherlock raised his eyebrow. I pretended to be in a thought and looked at the ground. I glanced at him for a bit, and  I saw him impatiently waiting for my answer. "Well?"

"You look like an Edgar."

There was a brief silence. Then Sherlock gave a loud amused laugh. "And here I thought you'd be right again, but I guess I was wrong!"

"Oh?" William looked between us.

"Well, it was fun talking to you, I guess. I'll be going now. I'll maybe see you around Edgar." I waved at Sherlock and walked off as quickly as I could so William couldn't stop me to ask questions. As soon as I made it to the corner of the lobby, I bolted. Like last time though, I glanced back. Looks like I already fucked up the timeline. Not only did Sherlock and William not deduce what the others do for a living, they didn't even interact at all! I say this because Sherlock and the trio of girls that were flocking around him were already off. However one of the ship's workers walked over to William, who I know is Moran. They were talking, and since Sherlock hasn't interacted with William, chances are they are talking about me.

I began to sweat, and my arms and legs started to become numb. Perhaps from fear. But what exactly was there to fear?

The possibility that the Moriarty gang sees us as a threat and will try to end us or that we might get killed by some other source.

I kept running without paying attention to where I was going. Instead of being in the hallways where we originally arrived, I ended up in a completely different one. It was a more luxurious, pristine white one. I figured I am now in the hall of rooms for the nobles. Remembering the anime, I know this is where the next part of William's plan happens. Or at least somewhere like this. Not a soul in sight, I leaned against the wall to take a quick break, for I have been running for a while.

I looked around and thought it'd be best if I left this place before the events went down. I turned around towards the end I came through and... more of the same doors.

Now I'm really lost...

Not even a moment later, I heard a thud. It wasn't that loud, but just enough for me to hear. It sounded muffled. I just couldn't tell which direction it was coming from. Left or right. Above or below. The hallways are long and like a maze. I bit my nail, realizing something.

This is the part where Enders kills someone...

"Fuck it!"

I bolted to where I thought was safe, but just to my luck, I went in the direction of where the sound came from. By accident, I stopped in front of the room.  The door was left open and both Enders and William were standing there with wide eyes staring at me, along with the body of the guy Enders had killed. I think his name was Thomas or something.