Chapter VIII

English: Normal text
Other language: Underlined text
Thoughts: ' Italic'

——————————————————————————————————————————

It just occurred to me that I haven't showered or taken a bath for 3 days... I smell like ass! Man, the first thing I'll do at this moment is go wash up.

We had just finished up with the plan to take down Discounted Malaria. That asshat, hit my fucking head, so now my head fucking hurts, making me passed out, and now there's a scar there. I let out an aggravated sigh. I walked to my room and the attached bathroom. I didn't need to take long, I finished up pretty quickly, but now I have to put on fresh clothes. A nice plain white shirt and some black pants. I feel much better now.

I walked over to my bed which was left as it is, when I went to the group for the plan. I gathered the blankets and sheets along with the pillowcase to later wash it. Thinking back to it, it seems like many people tend to do human trafficking. Was it that common these days? I know it was for petty theft and street violence. I don't know, but even so, it's pretty scary. I walked over to the mirror to look at myself. Despite sleeping for 3 days or so, I had dark circles around my eyes, my skin seemed a bit paler than usual, and my hair disheveled. I don't have a comb, so I used my hands to tidy it a bit. Once I was satisfied I walked over to the bare bed and sat down thinking about what happened earlier this morning.

"I told William where we are from..." I grabbed my phone that was lying nearby and opened the gallery. I looked at the picture that I took with William to show proof and gave a small smile. I'll be honest, despite stuff that could happen, I kinda like it here, but... We will have to go back eventually. I don't know when or how it'll happen.

Knock Knock Knock

"Y/n, are you there?" A soft voice asked.

"Yeah, Fred. What's up? Uh, what do you need?" I turn my head towards the door. I walked over to it and swung the door. I looked at Fred and waited patiently for what he needed.

"Louis had asked me to call for you. He requires some assistance in the kitchen for today's lunch."

"Oh hell yeah!" Looks like I can repay Louis by helping him. "What does he need help with though?"

"He told me to just call for you. He didn't tell me why." Fred started walking off. I followed behind him and eventually we both reached the kitchen. Louis was standing there looking at the ingredients that laid in a neat organized manner on the counter.

"Louis! Fred said you needed some help?"

"Hm? Oh Y/n, yes. Thank you Fred."  Fred gave a nod and went off to somewhere else. "I am going to prepare today's lunch. I'll be needing assistance. You can start by peeling the vegetables."

I gave a mock salute and walked over to the sink. Giving my hand a thorough wash, then soon after drying them. I picked up the knife from its stand and walked over to the varieties of vegetables waiting to be peeled. And by variety, I mean a few carrots and potatoes.

Easy enough, I picked up one and carefully peeled the skin away with the knife. I don't know when the peeler was invented, but it doesn't matter. I know how to peel the skin with just a knife. I kept my eyes focused on the potato in my hand as the skin pieces fell. I tried not to pay much attention, but from the corner of my eyes, I could see and felt Louis' gaze occasionally on me.

It did bother me, but I will not show it. For all I know, everyone is still a bit suspicious of us. I wouldn't blame them. It didn't take too long, and I was finally done with peeling all the carrots and potatoes.