Chapter 2

I am Penelope, the fool who will take all the blame for Ellart and die through execution. It would've been at least better if I was Ellart instead! Now I have to go through the trouble of dressing up to go to where my number 1 worst death flag would happen, the Sunfalm Academy. The beginning of my execution event!

.
.
.
Chapter 2: Plot Armor I

Students' tread on the terrazzo tiled floor were replicated by the ears throughout the large hallways of the school, "The school is damned packed with hoard of students from every single corner."

"Well I'd expect no less from an examination day." Every year, an event where students are required to attend an examination where the school holds a test to rank the students from top to bottom, they rank them based upon their performance, sportsmanship, skills, strength, and defense. A test of the most powerful monarch.

A monarch is what students would call the one who won the Top 1 of the most powerful in the examination. One of the monarch's wishes would be granted by the school if it's within their reach, whether it may be wealth, power, or control.

That's why a lot of students participate in this exam, not only because of it's requirement by the principal. I used to be cocky before regaining my memories of my past life, a foolish Penelope bragging about her average magic skill. Oh gosh I hope no one will recognise me from last year's exam.

What seems so silly is that I'm unusually calm in this situation. Wow who would've thought that I remembered my past life which is not normal. But people using magic in this current life of mine would've been considered by my past self as out of the ordinary too.

A modern era of magic. This world I live in does definitely not use those old fashioned brooms and sticks anymore. We evolve too, from flying brooms to teleporting stations for transportation, and from stick wands to Gogo Tablets.

It's a famous brand which sells tablet devices that contain different magic spells but only up to one's level and skills. It seems like my past life's world has tablets and cellphones too, yet it's used in another different way to ours.

I don't know what caused me to know about this world as a web novel, that I have the knowledge about the future events which will occur throughout the protagonists lives. This is a rare case.

If I were to tell the others, they would brush it off as having power to know the future (which is uncommon and the public would also make a huge fuss over it).

Only very few people have the ability to know the future so that's why it's a special case. But a person remembering their past life and gaining consciousness of this world as a webnovel in their past life? None. No single case of that was ever heard nor reported.

Last time I also tried searching Joogle the webnovel's title, "Red Strings of Hate," yet only to my dismay that no results were found.

I am awfully calm since I consider this gaining-conscious-ability of mine as having the knowledge of what will happen to the world's future, treating it as if it was normal. Calm... I think so.

"If it only wasn't for my execution event in the novel, I would've been calm," I muttered under my breath. What should I do? The novel didn't mention when exactly Penelope-or should I say, I-will be executed!

Pang!

"Ah! Sorry!" A passer-by accidentally collided with my shoulder then scurried over towards the huge commotion. I faced the ruckus to see what was going on to attract such a crowd.

A sudden light of realization hit me, based on what I slightly remember from the novel, this day is where the protagonist will show up and will catch the 3 male targets' attention. Especially the antagonist, Ellart.

Oh noes.

.
.
.
Chapter 3: Plot Armor II

(Showing up on the next chapter.)

-End
680 words

The Novel's Lackeyजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें