Chapter 3

A sudden light of realization hit me, based on what I slightly remember from the novel, this day is where the protagonist will show up and will catch the 3 male targets' attention. Especially the antagonist, Ellart.

Oh no.

.
.
.
Chapter 3: Plot Armor II

"Their duel is happening today!?" I gripped the roots of my hair and wailed from the dread of meeting the people who had caused my very death in the novel. I hadn't noticed that passersby were leering at me because of the loud fuss I was causing.

I squinted my eyes as I panicked. I forgot that I didn't know the dates of when each scenario would happen! One thing for sure that today is where Lilianne and the first male interest will encounter each other today.

That explains why there are a lot of students attending today ... To see the battle between the new student and the only heir to the company of Leonor, Elliott Leonor.

I took large strides forth, toward the commotion where loud mutters and whispers circled around two certain people. I'm going to face my fate. I don't fear them nor want to avoid them. I can't keep running away forever, I don't want to commit the same mistakes just as what Thalia did before.

As I follow the fuss closer, tense starts to slowly creep onto my body. What are their faces like? Is it exactly as what the novel described? If I intervene, will our fates change? Is Ellart going to be around here somewhere? How will I act normally again to her if I recently gained consciousness that this world is a novel?

"Stop overthinking Penelope! Just blend in with the crowd," I encouraged myself. My ears slowly caught on with the loud voices and the passive-aggressive conversation after I arrived at the scene.

I couldn't see their faces. There's a huge wall of crowds in front of me. Well I could still hear their voices though, I can find out what scene from the novel I am in. Haa, though it's suffocating in this crowd, there's too many people.

"What did you just say? Me ... A bastard's child?"

Who was that? The voice sounded sultry and low with a lace of vexation, it probably belongs to a young man. Elliott Leonor?

"Hahahaha!" An unorthodox fits of laughter burst out from a girl's lips, which I'm guessing is from Lilianne's. Her voice sounded angelic, I guess that's the protagonist for you. A bit of a sweet tone yet indulged in a threatening pitch. "Why? Did I hit a nerve?"

Huh? That's unusual, was that line included? I don't remember Lilianne's demeanor appearing like that.

Just as I was pondering, Elliott continued his bickering as if in an attempt to regain his wounded ego and revenge for the humiliation, "I challenge you to a duel using this day's examination!" He responded in a petulant manner, not much of a rational decision for the next heir of their company.

This is the first part of the novel, the start of Lilianne's first obstacle in Sunfalm high. She will accept the offer next. After that, the other two male interests will begin to pay closer attention to her and their interactions with Lilianne will be the origin of Ellart's enviousness. Hmm, it would be great if I take down notes of what I remember from the novel so that I won't easily forget about some events.

As I took out a spare pen from my pocket and jotted down some of the main events that I can remember, Lilianne spoke, "Challenge me to a duel? Well ..."

Agh I wish I could see their faces right now if it isn't for these tall figures and wide backs in front of my face. Just as I tried to squeeze in the crowd, I heard Lilianne's response which took my breath away, "Classes are about to start so I'd rather not waste my time here. I kindly decline the offer."

"What!?" Her unforeseen reply caused my expression to appear perplexed and confused. I bowed down for pardon to the people surrounding me for my sudden clamor and shifted back my attention to both the protagonists, confusion remaining on my face. My face disheveled. I didn't expect that coming out from her own mouth.

All the predictions that I had stated based on what happened from the novel were all crumbled just from Lilianne's single reply. I looked at others' reactions then muttered, "Seems that I wasn't the only one who was surprised ..."

Murmurs and gusts of whispers can be heard yet cannot be differ. They aren't even trying to tone it down, as if purposely increasing their volumes for the main characters to perceive.

But as I recall, Lilianne's response wasn't supposed to be like that? I clutched my pen tight as more questions flooded my head ... One of the possibilities includes that she might have remembered her past life.

.
.
.
Chapter 4: Plot Armor III

(Showing up on the next chapter.)

—End
835 words