Chapter thirteen

When I wake, I'm resting in the same place I went down. A large double bed, where I'm resting to the left. I look around, seeing a large imprint on the spare space next to me where someone had been, though no longer are. I sit up, my hand instinctively goes to my head, though I'm surprised at the lack of feeling there. It feels numb, healed. I look around the familiar room Austin and I had played chess, at the multiple cups of water and medicine on the bedside table. I peer at the door, seeing it's slightly ajar, Austin's blonde hair is the first thing I notice, he's talking to a doctor, nodding along to whatever she's saying. I look away, startled when my eyes skim the dark corner of the room. I glance there again, convinced I'm seeing things. A chair is there, where a large man sits, staring at me silently. He's mostly hidden by the dark but his beauty is intimidating, obvious it's there. I fidget with my fingers, trying to place his familiar face, if I'd met him I would have known, his face isn't one you can forget "I saw you last night."
He doesn't respond, he brings a cup of water to his lips, swallowing slowly.
"You called the doctor for me" I recall "Thank you."
He looks uncomfortable "No problem."
I can't stop the question from leaving my lips "Who are you?"
"Killian Salvatore" he says "Carter's older brother."
"You don't go to our school" I say.
"I'm at university. Studying law."
"Oh" my cheeks darken, looking more closely he does look a little older than Carter, but still fairly young, only a couple years older if I had to guess. Silence passes between us, I stare at him, at his dark hair, dark eyes, the more I stare the more I recognise the resemblance to Carter. Although something tells me their appearances are the only thing they share, killian is simply sitting there, though it is clear he is closed off, more quiet than Carter with an invisible, protective guard around him.
"You're very pretty."
I clamp my hand over my mouth, embarrassed. Killian startles, more shocked than I am. If he wasn't uncomfortable before, he definitely is now. He shifts in his seat, forcing his lips into a small smile.
"Thank you" he looks towards the door, as if begging someone to walk in. I do the same, stealing glances at him every now and then. I can't seem to look away. He looks at me, aware I'm staring. I look down at my hands, examining the lines on my palms.
"How are you feeling?"
I glance up at him, he looks a little more relaxed now.
"Apart from the butterflies in my stomach I'm A-ok."
His eyes are slightly widened and I realise I'd said that out loud.
Seriously, what is wrong with me?
"I'm- I'm good I mean" I laugh awkwardly, looking down at the bedsheets and considering disappearing beneath them.
Killian chuckles and I snap my head up to watch "I'm starting to see why Austin likes you so much."
I frown "What?"
Just then the door opens, a female doctor walks in, Austin a few seconds behind her, a tray of food in his hands.
When he steps into the room, he immediately finds my eyes, he looks shocked "Nora" he says "You're awake."
I smile, looking between him and the doctor, he stares at me for a few seconds, then shakes his head, as if snapping out of a trance. He rushes to me, sitting the tray on the bedside table before climbing into the bed and pulling me against him.
"How are you feeling?" He runs his hands through my hair, kissing my forehead.
I smile, staring into his blue eyes "Much better."
He returns my stare, his eyes flickering down to my lips "Are you sure, can I get you anything, maybe some-"
The doctor steps forward, cutting him off "She'll be ok, the drug should pass through her system in the coming days. For now, take it easy and drink lots of fluids, preferably water."
Killian stands, he towers over the doctor, probably around the same height if not taller than Austin, he shakes the doctors hand thankfully "Thank you for coming so quickly."
The doctor smiles, packing up any medical equipment discarded around the room "It's my pleasure." She turns to me with a caring smile and hands me a card, a number written on it "Don't hesitate to call me with any issues."
"Thank you" Austin and I say at the same time.
She leaves as Carter enters, he looks at me, smiling "Sleeping beauty has woken."
I smile, leaning into Austin's chest. I lean over him for some water, he stops my hand, holding it with his he reaches his other hand to pick up a cup of water and hands it to me. I sip some, he takes it from me when I'm finished and takes a drink, from the same cup I did. I stare at his Adam's apple as he swallows.
I see movement in the corner of my eye, Killian steps towards Carter, giving him a pat on the shoulder "I'm going to head out."
Carter turns to his brother, pulling him into a hug despite Killians reluctance.
"I'll see you Sunday" carter says.
Killian nods, walking to the door, he stops at the door frame, turning to face Austin "See you later man."
Austin smiles "Thanks for the help."
Killian nods, his eyes fall to me, he gives me a simple nod of acknowledgment "Nora."
Carter stares after him as he walks out.
"I'm going to use the bathroom quickly" Carter says, leaving the room.
I look at Austin, he's already looking at me. I look away, look back, look away, look back......
Still, his eyes refuse to leave me.
"Stop staring at me" I demand.
"I can't."
I look up at him.
Those blue eyes
"I like the sight of you in my bed" he says.
I snap my head up to look at him, my mouth agape "Your bed?" I look around the room, the chess board, the door to the rooftop, the bookshelf in the corner "This is your room?"
Memories of us playing chess in here last night rush back to me.
"Yes" he says "This is my room."
Carter returns then, shaking water off his hands.
"Your zippers open" I tell him, biting back a laugh.
Austin chuckles beside me, Carter looks down, pulling up his zipper "Thank you sweetheart."
I turn to Austin, tugging at his shirt, not realising, yet again that he's already looking at me "What did the doctor mean that the drug should pass?"
Him and carter share an alarmed look, Austin pulls me closer into his arms until I'm flush against his chest.
"You were drugged baby."
I shake my head, looking between him and Carter "No" I deny "No I wasn't. You're mistaken."
Carter cautiously steps forward "Did you take a drink from someone last night? Did you eat anything odd?"
I fidget with my fingers, Austin's takes both of my hands in his, stopping me.
"Nora'" he whispers.
I shake my head, squeezing my eyes shut, ashamed to admit it "I took a drink from Jackson."
Austin's eyes flash, his jaw tightening "I knew it."
I defend Jackson on instinct "But it's not like that, it wasn't- he wouldn't-"
Austin grabs my chin, forcing me to look at him "Nora, stop defending him. There were drugs in the drink he gave you-"
I stand quickly, Austin reluctantly lets me go, reaching for my waist again, I step back "You don't understand-"
Austin stands, walking towards my retreating figure "Nora, you need to get some rest. You're not thinking clearly."
I cover my face with my hands, the headache returning.
Jackson drugged me
My eyes fill with tears, the vision of one of my trusted, childhood friends being ruined.
Jackson drugged me
Austin crouches, becoming eye level with me "Nora it's ok-"
"I want to go home" I step away from his outstretched hands.
"Baby-"
"Please. Take me home."

__________________

TikTok
Main - yourfavvcontent
Backup - yourfavvcontentbackup

Instagram
yourfavvcontent