chapter two

╔.★. .═════════════╗

Chapter two: ghost of
Christmas past

╚ ═════════════. .★.╝

I stood there confused and scared. "What in the great heavens is going on!-" 

The figure turned around, "Oh, hello there!" She greeted me "I was not informed of a lady friend being in this house, Ebenezer! Marley described you as solitary as an oyster."

I inspected it further, a talking candle... I was talking to a candle. HOW WAS I TALKING TO A CANDLE?! Scrooge cleared his throat, "She is... just here for one night. And it's Mr. Scrooge is you please." 

"Oh I see, wait, I do know! It's Y/n right? Owns the bakery? Gives stuff  to the poor, Correct?" I nodded.  The candle woman smiled slightly, turning her attention back to Scrooge, "Well, Mr. Scrooge if you please, I can be anyone you want, even you if I like." The woman took shape to be Scrooge, "Grrr Humbug! Christmas is an outrage! Interest rates, and so on." Mr. Scrooge rolled his eyes, crossing his arms at the woman who was making fun of him. It wasn't the right time too, sure, but I couldn't help but laugh, Scrooge raised an eyebrow at me.

"Sorry, sir. But that was an accurate impression." I defended myself.

The woman melted back into her normal form, "You were not told of my coming?" Scrooge stared at her blankly, "No? No matter. You have nothing to fear from me. After all, your welfare is my business." 

 "Miss, to be disturbed at this hour is hardly conducive to my welfare." Scrooge spoke in a shaky voice.

The candle woman booped his nose, "A redemption then." She then shifted to what seemed to be Jacob Marley, Scrooge's old business partner,  "You see, an old friend of yours asked me to illuminate a thing or two for you. I-"

Scrooge crossed his arms, "Illuminate what, exactly?" He interrupted.

The wax woman shifted back, "I was just getting to that. You are an impatient one, aren't you?" 

"In other words, shush." I smirked.

The wax lady nodded, "I will show you the past. Christmas past. Specifically, your Christmas past."

Scrooge stared blankly, his eye twitching, "I've gone mad."

The lady walked towards him with a cheery smile, "Mad you say?"

"Jacob Marley in my sitting room, Faces etched in frost. A blizzard indoors. whispers in the wind, Now you, a talking waxwork with a wick for brains." Scrooge mumbled out his thought process, "My dreams are never this... exciting... so I must be awake.... Yet quite mad."

"Uh, Mr. Scrooge? I can also see all of this." I replied to him.

Scrooge laughed, "Well we're both mad!"

"Hmmm," Past smiled happily, "Well, I may have a wick for brains but I do think I'm real." She smirked, sending a sharp sting across his face, "Did that feel real?" Prudence growled at her, she smiled, booping her nose, "Oh hush now."

I winced at the slap, that was one hit!  "ooooh..." 

Scrooge cupped the side of his face, "I-I suppose it did." He pouted "It hurt too!" I laughed slightly at that, what a baby!

Past laughed, "Yes, the past can hurt. Especially yours. But it can also heal if you learn from it." She grabbed Scrooge's arm, "Come with me."

"Absolutely not," Scrooge argued, yet followed anyway as the woman dragged him to the center of his empty room. "I refuse to go anywhere."