chapter six

╔.★. .═════════════╗

Chapter six: after

╚ ═════════════. .★.╝

Just a warning this definitely ain't my best work, WAYY better shall be on its way soon LOL

The time was ticking closer to the evening, and everyone was beginning to feel exhausted after the long day. The kids were still excited about the new toys they had received and I was thrilled to know that the future looked bright for everyone! How could it not? Bob had officially become partners with Ebenezer, bringing a steady income to them and Katherine and Tim also had a job and business ready for when they are older! And of course, we can't forget about Harry, it was so sweet to see him bonding with his uncle.

Speaking of his Uncle, If I say so myself, I got the best deal out of all of them. A life with the one and only Ebenezer scrooge, who in the world could resist it?!

I stood by the door and said my goodbyes to each one of them. Harry looked at me with a huge smile, "How did you manage to pull a miracle, Y/n?" He asked, referring to Ebenezer.

I laughed, "If I told you, you'd never believe me." Harry pulled me into a hug, as a last goodbye before taking Hela's arm and walking down the stairs of Ebenezer's home.

I heard a noise coming from the dining room where Ebenezer and the Cratchits were, still chatting away about business plans. As they descended the stairs, Ebenezer smiled at me and put his arm around my waist.

Bob looked outside, "Ah, the night is falling fast. We must be off, Sir."

Ebenezer nodded, "Yes, and be at the shop early tomorrow." We all looked at him with a look of confusion, Ebenezer chuckled, "What? We have a lot to sort out with that miserable shop, it's gonna take some time!"

I sighed with relief, laughing, "Yes, we do. I'll see you all tomorrow." All the kids ran up for a hug before they went, bless their little hearts.

"Thank you ever so much, Y/n." Bob grinned as he pulled me in for a hug, "I'm not sure how you did it, but you've made our Christmas wishes come true."

Ebenezer placed his hand on my shoulder, shooing off Bob, "Night is falling fast, we'll arrange everything tomorrow, merry Christmas!" The Cratchit's all walked out, leaving me and Ebenezer in the house. As soon as the door shut he sighed.

"Tired?" I chuckled softly.

"I think I might be sleeping till Easter," He replied, gently leaning his head on the door.

I looked at the time which was getting nearer and nearer to nine, "My, I must be getting back to the bakery." I walked over to the pegs and grabbed my coat.

Ebenezer stood in front of the door with a small smirk on his face, "Weren't there any lessons from last night? I'm not allowing you to exit that door at this hour of the night."

I mirrored his facial expression, "Yet you let everyone else do such a thing? Aw, does Mr. Scrooge care?"

Ebenezer's face tinted pink, "Well, I don't have to hide that fact anymore, so yes. Yes, I do."

"You're adorable, Mr. Scrooge." I booped his nose and began walking up the stairs. "We should probably get to bed, we have a lot of errands to do tomorrow."

"Yes." Scrooge placed his fists on his hand, "I have it all figured out. First of all, we need to get a new desk for Bob, we also need to clear up that old miserable shop. Oh! And we need to sort out the debts..."