02. Warmth

𑁍𑁍𑁍

𑁍𑁍𑁍

Zhyra

(Minor time skip)

There I was, walking through the dark hallways of Hogwarts, seeking solace from the boredom that had settled in the Slytherin common room. It was never a welcoming place for me. Unlike the rest of my family, who had expected me to be sorted into Gryffindor, it still came as a disappointment to my father and my brother, James. Mother, on the other hand, accepted my placement wholeheartedly. But the tension between Father and me remained, a constant reminder of our strained relationship.

In the early days of my first year, James struggled to accept my presence in Slytherin. However, as time went on, he began to reconcile with the idea. Mother's unwavering support played a crucial role in bridging the gap between us. But Father, well, our relationship remained distant and uneasy. It was to be expected, considering the circumstances. The daughter of Fleamont Potter, a Slytherin? It was an anomaly that couldn't be easily dismissed. Yet, in recent times, Father had been making an effort to mend our fractured connection. I found it surprising, but welcomed the possibility of a renewed bond.

Walking through the hallowed halls of Hogwarts never failed to captivate me. Despite their age, they exuded a certain charm that pleased the eye. Lost in my thoughts, I failed to notice someone's presence until I felt their gaze upon me. I turned, only to find Regulus Black staring at me.

I regarded him with bored eyes, unsure of his purpose for following me. There was no one else around, and his presence seemed peculiar. He was an enigma, a stark contrast to his brother, Sirius, who was loud and filled with laughter. Regulus possessed an air of sophistication, his icy blue eyes sending shivers down my spine. His features were finely chiseled, his curly hair resembling his brother's, albeit in a more refined manner.

"What do you want?" I asked, raising an eyebrow as he stepped closer. It was clear that he had an agenda, though he wouldn't readily admit it.

"Bold of you to assume I'm here for you, Potter," he snarled, his tone laced with disdain. Lies. There was no one else here but us two. He was obviously pursuing something.

"Very well, Black," I replied, rolling my eyes. I turned my attention back to the windows, gazing up at the starry night sky. The night was alive, adorned with countless sparkling stars. I found solace in staring at the heavens, even in times of war. The sky had a way of making me forget about the impending darkness.

To my surprise, Regulus stood beside me, his gaze fixed upon the same starry night. I noticed a flicker of amusement in his eyes, a slight smile tugging at his lips. In this moment, he appeared innocent, his true nature momentarily softened.

We watched the sky in silence, a shared moment of quiet contemplation. No words were spoken, as we both found solace in the majesty of the stars above.

"You know, for a brief moment, I thought we were more different than alike. But it seems we share an interest in astronomy," he broke the silence, his words hanging in the air.

I chuckled softly in response. Astronomy had always fascinated me, drawing my attention with its celestial wonders. I was aware that some dismissed divination as mere superstition, but I found solace in the belief that the stars could offer glimpses into the future.

"We should head back soon. Curfew is approaching. Wouldn't want to earn yourself another detention, would you?" For a moment, I thought his concern was genuine, but then I remembered his true nature. He was a Black, all members of the Black family were known for their ulterior motives. They only befriended others if it served their purposes, and I was well aware of that.

"I'm fine," I retorted, not wanting to be seen with a filthy blood-traitor like me. I watched as Regulus chuckled slightly, seemingly unfazed by my remark. He shrugged and made his way back to the common room.

However, I had no intention of returning to the common room just yet. I had other plans in mind. Using a spell to check the time, I saw that it was almost curfew. With a sense of urgency, I hurried towards my destination. I climbed the stairs, reaching the seventh floor and stood across from the tapestry of Barnabas the Barmy. This was where I had discovered the Room of Requirement in my third year, seeking refuge from a group of Slytherins who were intent on tormenting me.

I paced back and forth, imagining a cozy and secluded space where I could do whatever I pleased. After a few passes, a door materialized before me. Without hesitation, I stepped inside.

As expected, I was greeted by the warm and inviting atmosphere of the room. It resembled the Slytherin common room, but without the judgmental stares directed at me. There was a comfortable couch facing a crackling fireplace, a small table nearby. A bookshelf lined one wall, next to a king-sized bed. The open space in the center would be perfect for practicing spells, and there was even a training dummy for that purpose.

My stomach growled, reminding me that I hadn't eaten dinner yet. I called upon my house-elf, Tilly, to bring me some food since it was past curfew and I couldn't leave the room.

"Tilly?" I called out, and within seconds, a small creature with big round eyes and bat-like ears appeared. It was Tilly, the house-elf of the Potters.

"Young Mistress called Tilly. Is there anything Tilly can do to serve Young Mistress Zhyra?" she squeaked.

"Tilly, how are you? Did I wake you?" I inquired, concerned for her well-being. She shook her head, assuring me that she was awake and happy to serve.

"Alright, Tilly. Could you please bring me some food? I haven't had dinner yet," I requested.

"Of course, Young Mistress Zhyra. Tilly is delighted to serve you," she replied happily. In an instant, she disappeared and reappeared with a plate full of delicious food.

After satisfying my hunger, I pulled out some textbooks and began reading in advance. However, the weariness of the day caught up with me, and I felt my eyelids grow heavy. I closed my book, deciding it was time to rest. Making myself comfortable on the bed, I smiled as I thought back to my encounter with Regulus earlier.

"You know, you can't allow yourself to like someone like him," I muttered to myself, the sadness creeping into my voice. Regulus and I were far too different, not just in terms of house affiliations, but in our fundamental beliefs.

With those thoughts lingering in my mind, I closed my eyes and let the darkness embrace me, drifting off into a peaceful sleep within the safety of the Room of Requirement.

.............................................................................................................................................................................................................................

A/n: Don't forget to follow, vote and share!! Take care, my dear readers!!