05. Sorry

𑁍𑁍𑁍

𑁍𑁍𑁍

Zhyra

THE FIGURE TURNED, revealing their face. It was Regulus Black, the very person I had been trying to avoid. Conflicting emotions swirled within me as our gazes locked. There was a vulnerability in his eyes that I hadn't seen before, momentarily softening the hard edges of his reputation.

I hesitated, unsure of how to proceed. Part of me wanted to retreat and distance myself from him, to maintain the walls I had erected. But another part, the part that craved understanding and connection, urged me to stay and engage in conversation. Despite my reservations, I chose to approach him, my steps cautious but determined.

"Regulus," I said, my voice laced with a mix of curiosity and wariness. "What are you doing here?"

He regarded me for a moment, his expression guarded. "I needed some time alone," he replied, his voice tinged with a hint of vulnerability. "To escape the expectations and responsibilities that come with my name."

I studied him, seeing the weight he carried, the burden of his family legacy. And in that moment, the walls I had built began to crumble, replaced by a flicker of empathy. We were both seeking solace, both grappling with our own struggles.

With a mixture of hesitation and determination, I took a step closer to him, bridging the gap between us. The decision to engage in conversation was made, and together, we began a journey of understanding, navigating the complexities of our intertwined lives within the hallowed halls of Hogwarts.

As I moved closer to Regulus, his coldness became palpable. The vulnerability I had glimpsed earlier seemed to vanish, replaced by a hardened facade that shielded him from any potential connection or understanding. His eyes, once filled with a hint of softness, now held a steely resolve.

"What do you want?" he asked curtly, his voice laced with an icy edge. There was a clear distance in his tone, a deliberate attempt to push me away.

I hesitated, feeling the weight of his indifference. It was evident that any attempt to bridge the gap between us would be met with resistance. Still, I couldn't let go of the flicker of empathy within me, the desire to see beyond the mask he wore.

"I don't want anything," I replied softly, my voice betraying a tinge of disappointment. "I just thought... maybe we could understand each other, find common ground."

Regulus scoffed, his lips curling into a derisive smile. "Understand each other? We come from different worlds, different beliefs. There's nothing to understand."