06. Watch

𑁍𑁍𑁍

𑁍𑁍𑁍

Tw: Torture, Angst

Regulus

I lay there, my body stretched out on the ground, my gaze fixated on the infinite expanse above me. The starry nights, so serene and tranquil, offered a fleeting sense of peace in the midst of my tumultuous existence. I reached out, my fingers stretching towards the heavens, as if attempting to grasp hold of their ethereal beauty. Outside the confines of the imposing castle, I sought solace near the great lake, a place where I could momentarily detach myself from the burdens that weighed me down.

Lately, life had been an overwhelming whirlwind of chaos and stress, the weight of expectations pressing upon my shoulders like an unyielding burden. Carrying the infamous Black name was no easy task, especially now that my brother had been cast aside and I was thrust into the forefront. All eyes were on me, awaiting my every move, measuring me against the standards set by my family. The pressure was immense, but I had long accepted the role fate had bestowed upon me.

Ever since my brother was sorted into Gryffindor, a chasm had opened between us, one dictated by the beliefs and prejudices of our parents. We were forced to keep our distance, to deny the bond that once united us. Mother and Father made sure to remind me of the consequences of his choices, their disapproval evident in their stern words. They painted a picture of my brother's rebellion, his defiance of the family's values, as a betrayal that warranted punishment. I couldn't help but recall the images of his suffering, the torments inflicted upon him, as a result.

The memories of Sirius being subjected to our father's wrath haunted my mind, like a recurring nightmare that I couldn't shake off. The echoes of his anguished cries reverberated within me, etching themselves deep into my soul. It was a constant reminder of the cruelty that pervaded our family, a darkness that threatened to consume us all.

Our father, a man consumed by his own twisted beliefs of blood purity, saw my brother's actions as an affront, a personal betrayal of everything he stood for. He wielded the Cruciatus Curse, a favorite tool in his arsenal, like a vengeful conductor commanding a symphony of pain. I watched, a silent witness, as Sirius writhed in agony, his body contorting under the curse's relentless assault.

In those moments, I found myself torn between loyalty to my family's legacy and the love I held for my brother. Conflicting emotions surged within me, threatening to shatter the facade I had carefully crafted. I yearned to intervene, to shield Sirius from the excruciating torment, but fear held me back. Fear of the consequences, fear of my father's wrath turning upon me, fear of being swallowed whole by the darkness that permeated our bloodline.