08. Change?

𑁍𑁍𑁍

𑁍𑁍𑁍

Zhyra

I was sitting in my dormitory when, I heard some noise from my window. I stood up cautiously and went up to it. What I saw made me curious. It was a snowy-white owl, it was beautiful.

But what caught my attention, is the small rolled piece of parchment attached to it's legs. I carefully opened the window, allowing the snowy-white owl to enter. It gracefully landed on my desk, its piercing eyes fixed on me. I untied the rolled parchment from its leg, my hands trembling slightly with anticipation. Unrolling it, I recognized the elegant handwriting immediately. It was from Regulus.

"Hogsmeade. Three Broomsticks. Tomorrow. 2 o'clock. – R. A. B."

The letter was brief and to the point, as was typical of him. He requested my presence in Hogsmeade, a place where we could meet without prying eyes and eavesdropping ears. My initial reaction was a mixture of surprise and curiosity. Why would Regulus, someone who had been distant and cold towards me, suddenly want to meet?

I pondered his invitation for a moment, contemplating the possibilities. Perhaps there was more to Regulus than met the eye. Maybe he wanted to discuss the rumors that had been circulating, to clear the air between us. Or maybe he had a hidden motive, a game he wanted to play.

Regardless of his intentions, I couldn't deny the spark of intrigue that his letter had ignited within me. Curiosity got the better of me, and against my better judgment, I decided to accept his invitation. I penned a quick response, assuring him that I would meet him in Hogsmeade.

The snowy-white owl hooted softly, as if understanding my answer. With a graceful flutter of its wings, it took off from my desk and disappeared into the night. As I watched it vanish into the distance, a mix of nervousness and anticipation washed over me. What awaited me in Hogsmeade? Only time would reveal the truth.

𑁍𑁍𑁍

I couldn't resist a feeling of excitement for what's about to happen, my cheeks red as a tomato, as I remember how the owl gracefully went to my desk.

I don't have anyone to share to with this. So I just wandered off to the corridors of hogwarts. As I was lost in my thoughts, I bumped into Remus.

"Hi, Remy, how have you been?"  I beamed at him. Remus and I hadn't been in touch due to him being busy because of his Prefect duties.

"Hey, Zhyra. I'm doing alright, thanks," Remus replied with a smile, his eyes filled with warmth and kindness. "So, anything interesting happening lately? I feel like we haven't had a chance to catch up properly."