21. "This time."

Kaise's POV

What time is it? I don't think a hour had passed yet. Is backup not coming? Well that's not a problem, but I guess I'll have a hard time dealing with this two. How unfortunate of me, I thought I could finally make a good impression on Mikhail, saving him and carrying him to safety, and Mikhail will always remember that moment all the time, how wonderful could it be? Today's the day I thought I'll make it happened, if it's not for the second prince and the light magic sorcerer, It will went smoothly. To be honest, I really want to leave them be and escape with Mikhail, but that will make the suspicious out of me.

Bored, I sat next to Mikhail who was unconscious, gently lifting his head and placed above my lap, so his head won't have to lay on a hard surface. I stroked his hair, and patting it slowly. I pinched his cheeks lightly, everything about Mikhail is pretty, and cute. Is this what they call happiness?

"My, my.... what a sight..." A deep voice was heard, and it sounds like an old man.

"Who's there?" I called out, not leaving my current position, as I don't need to.

"Oh you know me well." The source of voice appeared from the dark shadows, revealing an old man.

"Well if it's isn't the almighty heir of Kindness, what brings you here?" I asked him.

"Oh you know, just taking a walk, trying to find some candidates that could fulfill the role of a protector under the title of the heir of kindness." said the old man,

"I'll pass." I told him.

"Yeah I figured, what a waste of time, I came all the way here just to met you. And yet you rejected it before I asked you." said the old man with a huff,

"Why don't you just choose this little Mikhail here? He's kind.." I offered him,

"First reason, the very first rule of being a heir, is to be able to master the divine magic. In my territory, you're the only one who can, and that's why you have been able to defeat these mages easily huh?" said the old man,

"I sure did."

"But do you have to do it this way, look at how messy it was, almost everything in the room is splattered with blood, oh gosh even the ceiling?" said the old man,

I only laughed at it, and kept stroking Mikhail's hair.

"Oh dear gracious, are these corpses even qualified to be called a corpse? it doesn't even look like a living creature! you definitely went too far!" said the old man in amusement.

The old man used his magic, he used water magic to clean the blood, and fire magic to destroy the corpse. I could do it on my own but oh well, he did it first.

"Second reason is that this person is not from my territory, this is Temperance's territory!"

"Well I'm technically in the Temperance's territory too"

"You think I don't know that you were born in my territory and after 2 months your family moved out?"

"Heh, so you got another reason?" I asked him,

"third reason, is that the average age of a heir is around 300 years old, of course normal human couldn't be that old, but after receiving the tittle, they will be blessed with long ages."

"So?"

"well, even is this time, Mikhail won't be able to live that lo-"

I threw a sharp dagger at him, it flew fast towards the old man, unluckily fot me, the old man able to dodge. I glared at him.

"Don't be that mad, I know you also knew about this, to become the heir one must atleast experience 60 years of his life. That boy in your lap, won't live pass 16. Again." said the old man in a cold tone.