The Carnival - Chapter 2

- First Person POV - Lilith Present -

I went to class quite quickly, and as quick as I arrived all my classes and lunch ended. As soon as the last bell rang my phone vibrated. I checked it to see it was a text from Bianca.

Bianca <3

Meet me at fountain ;)

KK! Be there in 5

I closed my messages and started to walk in the direction of the fountain. I heard a pair of foot steps quicken.

"Hey Lilith!"

I turned around, stopped and was greeted with a smiling Xavier Thorpe.

"Oh hey Xavier. Don't you have your fencing to get too?"

"Uh yeah... but I wanted to-" He cut himself off by choosing not to finish his sentence. "Never mind, what are you doing?"

"Oh, I was going to go meet Bianca at the fountain."

"Doesn't she have to get to fencing?" He asked using my own question against me, while raising his right brow.

"Yes she does, but-"

"Lilith! I thought we were meeting at the fountain." Bianca said from behind me.

"Sorry, Xavier wanted to tell me something."

"Oh, what was it?" Bianca's face tightened and then gave Xavier a look.

"I don't know, he didn't tell me." I said as I gripped my straps of my backpack.

"Its nothing, really." Xavier quickly said.

"Right, well let's go." Bianca said while linking her arm with mine and walking away from Xavier leaving him behind as we headed off to the fencing room. Xavier was quick to catch up do to his long legs.

"Are you coming to watch us?"

"Yeah, then me and Bianca are gonna go and get ready for the carnival." I responded as I snook a glance at Bianca, she was smiling probably at the fact that I just confirmed I was going to the carnival.

"Oh cool, I guess I'll see you guys there?" He said hopefully.

"Yeah, probably." Bianca responded.

When we arrived to the room Bianca asked the teacher for permission for me to stay and watch which she was granted since I've already done it before. I sat near where Bianca was fencing but still out of the way from her and everyone else.

I opened my bag and took out my notebook and textbooks since I needed to do my homework. I started with my English homework. I was sneaking a glance at Bianca and Xavier, when suddenly a mysterious black haired girl entered in black fencing gear.

"I will." Wednesday said. I was confused to why she said that, but then quickly placed together Bianca probably said if anyone else wanted to fence her. They talked some more but I was more focused on finishing my homework and the music playing in my right ear. I looked up again to see everyone crowded but still distancing themselves from the fencing match that was happening.

I now was paying close attention as they both dodged and swung at each other with such skill and precision. It looked like they weren't playing regular fencing rules now but whoever caused the other to bleed first one since they kept aiming for each others showing skin. Bianca eventually cut Wednesday on her cheek, Wednesday looked embarassed before saying good game then leaving. After she left the teacher decided that, that was the end of the practice so I put away my things and waited outside of the girls changing room for Bianca.