•A Favour For A Life•

A sharp wind cut through the streets as the snow whirled along with it. Night time was coming fast this winter's day as Y/N was waiting out the remaining of their detention. Earlier that day, they had made the mistake of politely trying to correct their substitute teacher about what they were learning. How that escalated into a two hour detention is anybody's guess. Is that even legal?

A quiet beeping filled the class room and the students quickly started packing up. Quiet celebration overtook their faces as they made their way out of the room. Y/N was slipping out the door when their shoulder was caught in a soft grasp. As they turned to the student they were met with a beautiful face, framed with dirty blande hair. Alaine, one of the more popular students in school. Her eyes brown eyes shyly met with Y/N's as she released her grip on their shoulder.

"Y/N, hey. Would you mind walking with me?", Alaine asked kindly, "I thought since it's kind of dark and we live pretty close together, you'd be the best person to ask." Her smile was so gentle you'd never guess what she got detention for. Y/N looked at her surprised before nodding lightly.

"Sure." They responded casually.

"Great!" Alaine announced as she hooked Y/N's arm with her own. They nodded again as Alaine tugged her towards the hall.

•-------•☾°☽•-------•

the two walked arm in arm down the snowy sidewalk. Large white fluffs fell from the clouds and blocked the view of anything more than a handful of metres away. The cold sent shivers up their spines as they came to the corner.

"This is where we split." Alaine cheerfully said, despite the freezing air. Her arm fell from Y/N's and she took the opportunity to bundle herself further into her winter attire.

"Yeah, get home safe." Y/ N said softly. The blonde facing them gave them a wide close lipped smile that made their eyes crinkle as she nodded. Just as she was turning to leave, a sharp gust of wind rushed down the sidewalk. Snowflakes whirled out of the way as if thrown aside by some invisible being. Before they even realised, Y/N was falling forward, pushed over by the strong wind. It felt like they were sliced through the middle as they tumbled forward. Instead of going out to catch the fall, Y/N's hand flew to their chest as the feeling turn into a splitting pain.

Finally they had hit the snow. The world seemed to blur as Alaines distorted words seemed to be thrown to the violent wind as Y/N lay on the pavement. Something warm dripped from their forehead, and pooled underneath their face. Y/N groaned as they tried to pick themselves up from the floor. Tears prickled at the corners of their eyes as they cussed quietly. A hand fell once again upon the injured student's shoulder, and Alaine tried helping their classmate up.

"Are you okay, Y/N?!"

"Can you stand, Y/N!?"

" What happened, Y/N?! "

"Y/N!?"

Her voice was fading as Y/N leaned backwards into her arms. Alaine was now kneeling in the snow with Y/N practically laid out over her legs. Y/N could see that she was still talking, but any words coming from her simply didn't register. Y/N watched as Alaine took her phone from her pocket and dialled. Slowly, darkness crept across Y/N's already blurry vision as their head slumped backwards off of her chest.

Alaine panicked more as they felt their classmate's head roll from chest.

"That's right! Ford St, and Carlson! Hurry, they just passed out!" She practically threw her words into the phone as the 911 dispatcher attempted to comfort her. She worriedly tried to arrange Y/N more comfortably on her lap as she did all she could do, to wait.

•-------•☾°☽•-------•

A/N
Hey!- Sorry for the amount of paragraphs, I learnt proper writing with making a new paragraph every time the speaker changes. I know its probably fine to most people but I just think it looks odd in the way Wattpad arranges it.