•Awoken Servant•

"I hope I remembered that right... From their faces it seems I did... Or it went horribly wrong, also seems possible." Y/N wonders worriedly as they watched the trio's faces. Their expressions were painted with clear shock, before the man Y/N regonized as one of the target's father, begun smiling. It spread across his face widely and showed off pearly white, slightly sharpened teeth.

"Torn side indeed!," He exclaimd, "You my faithful mage, have done a great thing this day!" In return the ocean eyed mage laughed nervously. Duke Sericiy wasn't much known for any sort of cheerfulness he seemed to display now. However, in his smile was something dark as he thought if the possibilities of this new servant. As much as he now wishes to keep them for his own, he knew that it was more important to go through with his son's gift. "Do inform... Y/N of their role, I shall tell my son of the near arrival of his birthday present." He instructed the mage.

In all of this Y/N had simple been sitting in the coffin, trying their damned hardest to keep their face totally neutral. From what they remember of the game and of what Brutus had told them, undead such as themselves shouldn't even be capable of feeling anything, much less to express it. They watched the Duke and Duchess leave the dimly lit room.
"Y/N."  The person in question turned their head back towards the man.

"I am Marce Siko, head mage of these lands. I am the one who summoned you." The purple clad man introduced. He watched Y/N for a reaction, anything to indicate they were listening. Their eyes shifted from his face, to his body, and then to the other people who now were now making their way to find a spot next to their better. Marce coughed quietly. Figuring it was to gain their attention, Y/N looked back to him.
"Since you seem quiet, I'll do the talking. You are to serve the boy Andoris Kio, Marquis of Sericiy, as his personal guard and servant," Marce explained curtly, "You have a sigil carved into your flesh to ensure that happens. Due to your nature, you won't simply be a puppet. Once given an order, you must do it yourself, lest you experience what the sigil can do." Y/N took in the information. It seems perhaps that the knowledge they had of undead in Liren wasn't as reliable as they thought. Cautiously, they decided to stay silent. Given the lack of information about their situation, they thought it'd be the smartest move.

Seeing their continued silence, the loo blue eyed mage sighed. He pointed to a mage with a shadowed face. "This is Alex. He'll bring you to the Lord's room." He said dully. Clearly he wished for a more interesting interaction. Alex slowly slipped away from the group after dipping respectfully to the head mage. Realising he won't wait, Y/N started pulling themself out of the coffin and onto their feet. They stumbled for a moment, but were able to step out of the wooden box fairly easily.

But as they were walking forward, they bumped into something. It wasn't a person, or an object, trulyY/N didn't know what it was. They rubbed their forehead lightly as they examined the air infront of them. Extending a pale hand into the air, they felt their fingers brush against something tingly, then pass through whatever barrier was previously there. Y/N began walking again and this time, felt no resistance.

They followed Alex out of the room, leaving the now smuggled chalk circle behind them. As they left, the mage in purple gave a small smile.

A/N :So, clearly the set up of this book is a bit odd, hm? Well, I just wanted to explain quickly, but this isn't very important

A/N :
So, clearly the set up of this book is a bit odd, hm? Well, I just wanted to explain quickly, but this isn't very important.
This book will be split up into different sections made up of a sort of cover chapter followed by some numbered chapters. This is because I don't like thinking of titles and because I just feel like it works better. The sections will probably be 3-5 chapters long each.
Thank you for your time.