•BookClub•

What's good my bros.
I just wanted to make a small note here, I think I've confused some of you. I accidentally placed the 'ive returned' chapter before the one explaining my absence. I just wanted to clarify that it was supposed to be the other way around...even if it seems a little obvious. By the time of publishing, it has been fixed. Enjoy.

Always,
-The author

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

Literature class was situated in a large library, stationed opposite to the office in the foyer. It probably could have fit 5 classes of students, making it a common congregation site for the teens, but during academic periods, the open space creeped out many people. Y/N included. It was a beautiful area, the large mahogany bookshelves, the intricate carvings in the woodworking of the shelves, chairs and tables, the perfect organisation, it was all magnificent really, it only lacked people, and lighting. In the most used part of the library near the librarian's desk, there were lights made of mana based stones that glowed warm yellows and greens, but in the less frequented areas there were simple candelabras, it took too much energy to light the entire library with the mana stones, so hence the candles. However, because it was a library, and books don't often like fire, the candles were far and few between, leaving many unlit patches.

Many people were already situated comfortably in groups in the most lot areas. Seems like this is where everyone gathered in the free time last period gave them. The groups were slowly dispanding as a intimidating older man pointed to a different section of the library, in which sat eight long rectangular tables placed perfectly apart from each other. The students groaned as they relocated to the 'classroom'.

Andori quickly made his way over to the tables, taking a quick glance up and down he deducted there wasn't a seating plan, and went to seek out the most 'appropriate' group to sit with. A large group of friends laughed loudly at the closest table, many of them had untidy uniforms and a clear disrepect of the school. They didn't fill the entire table but no one made a move to sit with them. Each wore a silver hoop in their right ear.
"Some sort of delinquents." Decided Andori.
Looking to the next table, the people there seemed to be devided into two groups. One quieter, mostly girls, they talked amongst eachother peacefully complimenting each other, probably newer aquantinces. The other group however, seemed a great deal closer, they made jokes with eachother that interlaced references from stories and recent events, they sat close to eachother, one of the boys even laid a head on another boys lap.
"A very cordial group, though I doubt they truly like eachother. Some of them seem popular."
"Good friends, probably smart, but they'll be hard to talk to with bow close they are already." He observed both groups in turn.

Andori took him time going over each table before deciding to venture over to one close to a towering window. There sat some very respectable looking people, some Andori even recognised as rich or popular nobles. Along side them sat a familiar face from the day before. He seemed nearly as nervous as he did before, but answered the questions the rest of the group had for him with a smile. Dirty blond hair was pushed back away from his face, kept that way by his constant habit of smoothing it out.
"Good afternoon, is this seat open?" Andori asked smoothly, gesturing to a wooden chair pushed elegantly into the table, coincidentally just next to the blond boy. Answered by a few jumbled 'yes's Andori sat down. "It's nice to see you again, Eric, was it?" He asked kindly. Eric's eyes widened, surprised he remembered.
"Uhm.. that's right.. you're Andori- or Uhm, Lord Kio." He corrected himself. The ravenet cocked his head to the side.
"You know my first name?" He asked curiously, his name not being mentioned in school.
"I live in Tewrny.. a town your in your parents dukedom." Eric explained, hands folding infront of him on the table. When he glanced around, most of the others had gone back to their own conversations. A sigh of relief fell from his red lips and he felt the weight of the attention lifted away from him.
"You're quiet the introvert, aren't you?" Android observed. His interest in the boy from his high score was wayning slightly, seeing him as just a shy commoner who happened to be a little smart...but there wasn't much else to do at the moment. He leaned back in his chair and peered backwards over his shoulder to the figure behind him.

Although Android hadn't payed much attention to them on the way in, once he sat down he noticed that Y/N took a place standing behind him. They now stood in a broad stance, feet about a hips width apart and their hands behind their back. A subtle smile made a place for itself on Andori's face as he gazed up at them. Their [E/C] eyes had a small but clear glint of awe in them while facing the impressive library, gaze fliting around as subtly as possible to avoid suspicioun, but to see every part available. No one else would have noticed. Not a student, not a teacher, not anyone at school, or anywhere else would notice the way Y/N's eyes sparkled...no one but Andori. A small spark of pride grew in his chest as he applauded his observational skills, even if he had a leg up by knowing [Y/N] was actually conscious. At least, pride is what he believed was the warm feeling he had.

The boy's watch was interrupted as the teacher called out to the class.
"I hope everyone has found their seats as we are about to begin." His voice resonated throughout the space, not loud enough to be a shout, but still loud enough to cut through the chatter. "I, am Mr.Kiern, your Junior year literature teacher. I will also be your Senior literature teacher next year if I haven't already quit." His voice was dry and monotone.
(If you are not familiar with the terms 'junior' and 'senior' in terms of highschool, they refer to the 11th and 12th grade, respectively.)
With large patches of greyed hair, and long wrinkles dragging down his face--the most noticeable being prominent frown lines on his brow--Andori figured the man had been a teacher for a long time, and likely hated every moment of it. "Miss.Everdeen, who some of you may remember as your former teacher in your previous years, practically pleaded with me to let you all have a day of rest, so to speak... Even if you've had all break." The older grumbled the last part quitely. "So I've decided to let you all spend the first ten minutes of class discussing your favourite books, and current reads." Mr.Kiern seemed like he was about to say more, when a new face walked briskly into the class area.

He stopped directly next to the teacher and bowed his head in apology.
"I apologise for my lateness, there were matters a fellow councilmen had to discuss with me during passing period she could not wait until later to share with me." He explained calmly, dark--almost black-- eyes staring at the ground near Mr.Kiern's leather shoes.
"Ah." The teacher grumbled. "You're highness... Yes well, I suppose it couldn't have been helped. Find a seat then." He said dismissively. 'His highness' raised his head, revealing him to be at least a few inches taller than the man.
"Yes sir." He quickly went off to find a seat. The seat he chose just so happened to be directly across from Andori. Before continuing his explanation, Mr.Kiern added.
"And your Highness, I'd like to request you remember your duties as a student, before you duties as a member of the student council... The order is in the name after all." A couple of small snickers at the jab could be heated, but all faded quickly or were swiftly hushed by friends who feared the Royal's status.
"Yes sir." Came the stoney reply.

" Came the stoney reply