000.

ON THIS SPRING DAY
━━━━━ prologue

━━━━━ THERE WERE SOME things that will forever follow Violet Beaumont. One thing was definitely bad lucksomething everyone experienced at least once in their life. ( It just seemed to beset Violet a little bit more than others. ) Another thing had to be her problems.

               Violet continually ran from her troubles. She wasn't someone who was good at confrontation. She'd instead do anything than confront her mistakes and wrongdoings. And she had learned it from her mother, Dahlia.

               Dahlia moved the two from city to city to avoid her issues. She had even moved them from France to the United States to run from her issues. And Violet was still salty about it. Let's be honest for a second, would you rather say you live in Paris, France, or say you live in Buffalo, New York?

               Violet knows her answer without a doubt.

               However, Dahlia insisted that they were moving for her job as a florist. Apparently, America would offer a wider range of clients. Violet wasn't sure how much she believed her mother. It just didn't seem likely; Dahlia seemed to get good business and a substantial clientele wherever they livedvarious places in France or America.

               So perhaps Violet learned the skill of running from her problems from her mother. Big deal. It seemed to be working for Dahlia for the most part. The Beaumonts weren't struggling for money and were instead struggling to keep any sort of social life going. It was becoming lonesome to frequently move from one place to another.

               Even so, the Beaumonts were about to beat their own record of all the places they have stayed. Violet and her mother have been in Buffalo, New York for nearly a year. The other place they had stayed at the longest had been Paris, France when Violet was a newborn to nearly twelve months old. Violet didn't remember any of it so she wasn't sure to count that.

               Violet always pleaded and begged not to movean inconsiderate action, she understands that. But was it not inconsiderate of her mother to never consider how Violet felt? Dahlia stuck Violet in these preppy, uppity schools that never truly taught her anything, just how to absorb and then regurgitate the information thrown at her.

               Wellif Violet was to be generous, those schools did teach her how to judge character. How to lie through her teeth. Or how to pretend she's something that she was not.

               Dahlia never let Violet have the time to make friends. It wasn't like Violet was some weirdo with abnormal tendencies but it always looked that way because she never hung out with anyone her own age. She was always with her mother or alone when Dahlia was gone. It was an endless cycle: move to some new place, end up alone and with no one to talk to, because she was alone no one wanted to talk to her, and then she moved again.

               It had been a repeating cycle ever since Violet had started school.

               However, it wasn't like her classmates left her alone completely. No, they still bothered her. In the beginning, they'd poke fun at her 'funny French' accent ( which every teacher just said was them being 'curious' and 'trying to understand the world'. A massive load of bullshit if Violet had ever heard any. ) Then, when she had perfectly adopted the American accent, they'd poke fun at her home life; at the fact she had no father to go home to, to be more precise.