001.

ON THIS SPRING DAY
━━━━━ chapter one

━━━━━ THE ONLY REASON Violet had gone on this expedition was that she could barely stand another moment at Camp Half-Blood. She didn't hate Camp, no Violet loved it a lot; Camp Half-Blood was the closest thing to home. However, Violet's childhood and her ADHD gave the girl such a restless nature.

               Since Violet had left Manhattan for good, she had been living at Camp Half-Blood for two years. Two very long years. She had stayed at Camp, in Cabin Eleven, for longer than she had at any other place in her entire life. It was more sad than anything.

               The campers were allowed to leave if they wished, but Violet knew going back to her mother wouldn't be the best option. She had left Dahlia's house on bad termsshe had left for a reasonand the two have never talked since. The only time Violet had left the Camp's borders was to go on the occasional mission, she helped another satyr bring back a half-blood once before some months ago, and to the outskirts of Camp to kill monsters.

               Violet was itching to do something new, to change her mundane routine at Camp Half-Blood. To prove she was more than 'just another love kid'. She was itching to do some monster killing.

               She had a reputation to upkeep. She had to prove that she was one of the best archers at Camp; to prove that she knew all the weaponry terminology Sherman Yang insisted she didn't know. She had to prove she knew what she was talking about when she talked about love. She had to prove that she wasn't just a pretty face. Violet had to prove that she wasn't some 'off-brand Aphrodite kid'. ( Mr. D has not gotten nicer over the years, but Violet had learned to ignore all his snide comments better. )

               And perhaps Violet thought helping Grover Underwood save a couple of demigods would help her case.

               Besides, Violet was getting to see her friends Annabeth and Thalia soon. That was always a plus.

🌷

Violet stood at the edge of the snack table that was shoved against the brick wall of Westover Hall's gymnasium. She looked over the top of the clear, a plastic cup in her hand. She took a small sip of the fruit punch, keeping an eye out for the other campers sent out to help with this expedition.

               Grover had left the gym five minutes before to go look for the threeAnnabeth Chase, Thalia, and Percy Jacksonwho were supposed to have arrived already. As the seconds ticked by, Violet was getting more and more anxious. She could only tell so many lies to the di Angelos as to why she was watching the doors like a hawk.

               ( And Dr. Thornwho had to be the monsterkept breathing down her neck, waiting for the perfect opportunity before he revealed his monstrous side. )

               Grover and Violet had been shipped off to Bar Harbor, Maine to help two siblings, Bianca and Nico di Angelo, get from Westover Hall to Camp Half-Blood. That all sounded simple enough but nothing ever was, not when Greek gods ruled the world.

               Violet pushed herself away from the table as four people entered the gym. It was the four she was waiting for. Grover, a satyr; he was lanky and walked with a limp ( because of his goat legs, which he had to hide becausewell, what mortal had goat legs? ), and had dark skin that was paired with curly brown hair and brown eyes. Grover was talking to Annabeth, probably one of Violet's favorite people at Camp ( besides AJ, who would've been offended to learn he has to share his spot as 'Violet's favorite' ).