❏ Chapter 7

_____

T I M E | 11:16 PM

_____

The librarian kindly asked Altus and Leto to leave, the library supposed to close at 10:00 PM but seeing those boys were working their butt off, she decided to stay a little longer before asked them to leave.

After a moment of silence, Leto decided to ask up, "So, where are you gonna stay?"

Altus said "You could consider my ship as the place I can stay." as he looked at the stars.

Leto thought for a moment and remembered his bedroom, "...or maybe you can stay in my bedroom?" Leto said as he holds his chin

Altus laughs and then his laughter slowly fades as he immediately looks at Leto "Wait, Are you serious?" His brain processed.

"Do you think I'm joking?" Leto deadpanned as he stared at Altus

"Maybe." Altus shrugged. "What if a maid walks in?"

"I can use some magic to cover you maybe? Or you can hide in my closet." Leto suggested

"My Closet is big enough for you to hide in" Leto explained

"How do we get in?" Altus was just concerned.

"From the backyard or we can sneakily go in? Since you can't get affected by magic." Leto spluttered out his suggestion

"Backyard? Wow, Never knew knights aren't watchers."

"Well, you know knights these days aren't so efficient." Leto said as he sighed in disappointment and scratched the back of his head, probably worrying over his twin safety.

"Woow... Why hire them anyways?" Altus are making points.

Leto shrugged, "Ask my dad.". Leto lowkey wanted knights like Felix, who is both good at chores, attacking, defending, protecting and more.

"Ok lets go." Altus didn't ask any further questions because he has nothing in mind.

_____

A familiar palace was now in front of the two, they sneakily went to the back of the alpheus palace without anyone noticing. The green field surrounded by trees and building such as the garden entered their vision.

"Come here." Leto said as he lifted a moveable bush that showed a medium hole that can fit them.

"Do you always need a hole under a bush?" Altus asked, As he grew slightly concerned about why Leto had these things around his home.

"Yes- I usually escape from this hole, I mean if I used teleportation I may have gotten noticed. But wait if someone leave this territory also can be noticed, welp." Leto answered and then he muttered to himself quietly.

"I thought you miss little goody shoes, whatever that's called." Altus said as he chuckled silently.

"Nah, I still need freedom from this palace." Leto reasoned out as he chuckled awkwardly and then he realized that he was just called 'miss' by the boy. Not wanting to make this problem more wilder, he just ignored the comment.

"Well, Sucks to be you." Altus said as he chuckled because of how freed from responsibilities he was.

Leto rolled his eyes as gesturing Altus to follow him and went to the hole, crawling to the other side.

Altus rolled his the hole inside, He got another set of bruises at his back because of Leto and now soil and rocks.

After being on the other side, Leto stood up and patted his clothes to get rid of the dirt. He took a deep breath before staring at Altus who got some scars because of the hole.