My Only Love

Genre: Sad

It hurt.

God did it hurt so much.

Sitting on that couch in that moment no one knew how badly Pete wanted to cry. How badly he wanted to rip his eyes from his skull so he didn't have to see this. How much he wished someone to stick their hand in his chest and pull out his aching heart. Will the pain stop then? Will I finally be able to look at them without this immense ache?

The answer was no.

No matter how much he tried, how much he tired to tell himself to be happy for his friends it was impossible. Sitting on that goddamn couch and being the only person who didn't have someone else cling onto him hurt like a bitch.

Especially when the person he wanted that from was too busy laying on someone else's lap.

Pete's hurt expressions went unnoticed by everyone who were too busy playing the board game in front of them. "...e. Pete? Pete, it's your turn." He heard but he was confused. "Huh?" He looked at Tay's smiling face. "Roll the dice."

"Oh..yeah." Pete faked a smile leaning over to grab the two black and white cubes. While doing so he couldn't help but steal a glance at Vegas. Of course he wasn't noticed. The man was too busy staring at Tay like he wanted the silver haired to have the world.

Frowning lightly the brunette couldn't take this anymore so he just put down the dice. "I just remembered I have something to do." That earned a bunch of whines. "Come on Pete, don't leave." Porsche tried tricking him with the puppy eyes but Pete was immune. Like you guys were even paying attention to me. He bit the tip of his tongue.

"Sorry guys, my grandma need something," Pete came up with a lie on the spot. "Have a good night." Quickly grabbing his stuff the brunette almost sprinted out of Tay and Vegas' apartment. Stepping out in the hallway he looked to the left and ran down the stairs.

Only when he harshly pushed the door open and got strange looks, did he finally feel like he was breathing. The brunette covered his face feeling the tears beginning to form in his eyes. In order to stop them from falling in the middle of a busy sidewalk, the brunette started doing math in his head. A trick that Vegas taught him back in high school.

Slumping down on the bus stop, Pete shut his eyes and let his head rest. Why am I making things so hard for myself. Stupid heart wanting someone you can't have. Pete rubbed his face, rather aggressively, getting on the bus that had stopped in front of him.

For the ride to his house he tried to keep his mind blank so he doesn't just have a breakdown in the middle of public transport. Although that seemed way harder to do then he thought. Every time he tried to think about something, an image of how happy Tay and Vegas looked together popped into his head.

The way Vegas smiles at Tay, the smile Pete could never earn in all those years.

He hates himself so much for thinking about his friends relationship so much. Pete feels like a horrible person for wishing harm on an innocent guy because of what? He couldn't get Vegas to love him so why was he so mad at Tay for accomplishing that task so easily.

They look so happy together, Vegas looks so happy. So happy that it makes him sad. Why couldn't I be the person who made him that happy? I wish he treated me that way as well.

It's been so long. So many years that he's been trying and failed to tell Vegas how much he loved him. How much of his brain the ravenette occupied. But he forgot that men were stupid. Although he couldn't voice out his feelings he showed them.

If anyone even cared enough to look a little more closely at the way Pete behaved it was so obvious he was in love. The way his eyes lit up every time Vegas walked into the room. That stupid smile on his face when the younger said anything. How much of a fool he looked like just staring at the younger with nothing but honey and hearts overflowing from his eyes.

People would call him a good friend. For caring about Vegas. Making him food, bringing it to school and making sure the ravenette was fed all four years of high school. Sleeping on the cold floor for two nights straight when Vegas got sick not minding the sore throat he had when the younger got better.

Pete didn't care about the fact that Vegas saw him as a friend. For a while it didn't bother him that much. But the second Tay stepped in and took away Vegas' breath everything suddenly became harder for him. It was easy to accept the friend-zone when he knew Vegas didn't care enough to chase after anyone.

Tay appeared and suddenly Pete's life took a full 180. Vegas no longer spend the weekend at his house where they would watch movies and make food. A tradition that had been followed for years. They no longer went to the pool together and pushed one another into the freezing water. No longer took a jet ski and rode across a huge lake. Snowball fights with fake snow was no longer a thing. They stopped doing things they've always loved.

Pete wanted to hate Tay he wanted to despise the silver haired. Except he couldn't. Tay was an angel. He was sweet and considerate and never stepped out of line or made other people uncomfortable. He was a good person. Tay was perfect for Vegas. Exactly what the ravenette liked down to the littlest detail.

Not being able to hate Tay for the last year made him hate himself. Pete hated himself so much he began hating others around him. It made him realize that his best friend never acknowledged his presence. Pete was just there as a side character in Porsche's story. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Lifelessly walking into his dark apartment the brunette turned on the lights and shrugged everything off of him. He went straight to his bed and all those tears he had been holding, he allowed them to fall.

Hugging the pillow to his chest, burying his face in the soft material Pete tried so hard to muffle his sobs. More and more tears kept overflowing out of his beautiful eyes. Pete curled in on himself trying to take deep breaths so then maybe the pain in his heart would stop.

But it didn't.

With every breath he took he felt his heart shatter. It hurt. It hurt so bad. Like he was suffocating on nothing but air. Oh how much he wishes for this feeling to go away.

His head was pounding, throat hurt, his eyes were stinging like hell. Yet he was still on his bed, lifeless. He was alone in his apartment loud sobs carrying all the way into the kitchen. The pillow he was using no longer worked and he was just crying his heart out.

Doing the thing he couldn't do these past few months. Pete let everything out, shoulders shaking uncontrollably, eyes turning red and puffy.

His bed was all wet, dark blue patches under his head from his continuous tears. Whimpering sadly the brunette's bottom lip wobbled while everything around him became blurry. He couldn't see his room clearly from tears blocking his vision.

The state he was in was heartbreaking, but the situation Vegas was in made you want to cry with Pete.

Vegas, the one person Pete loved and trusted with his life. The one single person who he counted on for everything, the first person to always ask what was wrong if Pete seemed a bit under the weather.

He was too busy with his boyfriend completely forgetting Pete for definitely not the first time since he's met Tay. Vegas has obviously noticed that he's been constantly blowing off Pete to hang out with Tay, but every time he wants to apologize either the silver haired takes his attention or he just simply forgets about it.

Things like that made Pete realize how unimportant he was to his friends. Especially Vegas.

But it's not his fault for wanting to spend time with his boyfriend. Pete thought getting tired of crying for an hour straight.

His head was pounding mercilessly, dried tear stains on his cheeks with red and puffy eyes. Pete's throat hurt, chocolate brown eyes threatening to shut.

God, he wanted to kill himself so bad.