Talk

Genre: kind of angsty-ish
Mini Series Part 3

It was so fucking awkward. Sitting across the one man who he would've gladly gave up the world for but also the same man who broke him.

There was an icy silence between the two, tension so thick you could cut it with a knife. Vegas had formed thousands of questions for Pete but seeing the older right there in front of him it felt like he forgot everything.

Pete hesitated but the brunette started the conversation. "So, how've you been?" Vegas unintentionally scoffed at Pete's face making the older cringe at the question and hang his head. "Just peachy." Sarcasm was dripping from his voice, eyes glaring daggers into Pete's soul.

Vegas didn't mean to be so harsh with him. All those scenarios he painted in his mind they all ended with Vegas begging for a second chance after apologizing profusely even though he wasn't to blame. But actually seeing Pete in front of him, it evoked this fire in him that he couldn't burn out.

On one hand he wanted to ask Pete if he was healthy, if the older was doing good and was happy with his life. On the other hand Vegas wanted nothing more than to pour his cup of coffee all over Pete.

Grabbing the hot liquid Vegas brought the cup to his lips taking a sip eyes not moving from where Pete was.

"So, I believe you want an explanation." Pete gulped. "A-about our wedding day." Just thinking about the events made Vegas put the cup down. Rather harshly as it made a horrible sound landing on the glass plate beneath it.

"Yes Pete. I want to know why you left me." Pete chewed on his bottom lip. Vegas had changed so much in so little time. It was like he was having a conversation with a completely different person. Can you blame him though? You would too if
You were left like that. He has every right to be mad at me, after all I was the one who ruined everything.

"Can you please wait here for a second then? I would like it better if we went to a different place." Vegas crossed his arms watching with deadly eyes as Pete nervously fumbled with the apron around his body.

"Let's go." Vegas sighed getting up and following the older out of the cafe. "Would you like to take a walk?"
"Yeah sure, whatever. Are you going to tell me now or not?" Vegas sighed kind of frustrated.

The explanation he was waiting for was moments away from being fed into his brain through his ears.

"Well, where do I begin?" Pete fumbled with his fingers. "After you proposed to me, I started overthinking things. If what I was doing was right. But I pushed down all those thoughts deep deep down in my heart except it seemed like it wasn't a good idea. On our wedding day I felt horrible, and...and I was second guessing myself. I was second guessing...us."

An unknown emotion flashed over Vegas' eyes. "I-I didn't know what it was but as the number of minutes to me walking down the alter decreased I felt like I was suffocating. Just the mere thought of getting married...it...it scared me so bad. I-"
"Hold on a second." Vegas scoffed.

"You broke my heart, left your family embarrassed me in front of everyone just because what.. you were scared to get married?" Pete dropped his gaze down at his shoes. "Unbelievable. I just-" Vegas groaned messing up his hair.

He glared at Pete sending chills down the olders spine and tears out of his eyes. Pete wasn't used to being looked at like that.

"I can't deal with you right now." Vegas pushed past Pete trying his very best to ignore how seeing him crying broke his heart.

The brunette was just left there and he wiped his tears but more kept coming. It's okay. What did you expect? Pete sniffled trying to stop his tears from flowing down more than they have already. Like Vegas he had also built scenarios of what would go down, except his outcome was much better. If you call Vegas' reaction good.

Speaking of the devil he went back to his office slamming the door on his way. Sitting down on the chair he closed his eyes rubbing his temples. His thoughts were in jumbles not believing the excuse Pete had given him. He was just so, so mad at the older right now.

To try and get his mind off a few things Vegas poked the inside of his cheek with his tongue and looked at the papers on his desk. "Whatever, what's done is done." And he began working.

Obviously though, he couldn't focus. All day, any time he tried to read anything his mind would take him back to Pete. The olders words and how...how sad he looked when I left. Dropping the pen on the desk Vegas got up pacing around his office.

His hands were trembling and out of anger Vegas pushed papers off his desk, punching the hard wood after. Vegas felt guilty. For yelling at Pete like that and leaving him alone. He felt like fucking shit and he wanted to go see the older again.

Grabbing his jacket off the chair Vegas was about to walk out of the building but he halted seeing how badly it was raining. The ravenette forgot about his car placing his hands over his head and walking through the empty streets.

He remembered the directions to the cafe Pete worked at hoping the older hadn't left already.

Getting to his destination Vegas peeked out through the windows seeing a few employees cleaning the place.

But Pete wasn't there.

All of the anger Vegas had stored the entire day, it all fell like his shoulders. Walking away from the entrance of the cafe Vegas held his head down not minding how cold he was.

"Vegas?" Hearing that voice Vegas almost broke his neck looking behind him. And there he was. He saw Pete for the second time that day. The older rushes to him holding the umbrella over Vegas. "What are you doing out in the rain? You could get sick."

"Pete." Vegas spoke. "You said you were scared."
The older looked down at his shoes but Vegas used his finger to push his chin up, their eyes meeting. "Why didn't you talk to me?" Vegas asked his voice much more softer than in the afternoon. "I would've listened to you." He wasn't glaring at Pete anymore.

"I would've understood, we could've called off the wedding." Pete's eyes welled up with tears holding Vegas' wrist. "I'm sorry. I made a huge mistake and you don't have to forgive me-"
"No." Pete closed his eyes the few drops of sadness sliding down his skin. "To forgive someone you have to be mad at them, Pete I was never mad at you." Vegas used the pads of his fingers to wipe off the tears.

"I just missed you, Pete I missed you like crazy. You weren't there and I didn't know what to do with myself anymore, so I tried to hide it by being angry at you. But I never was." Vegas smile at the older sadly moving his bangs off his face.

"Pete I can't live my life without you, I need you in it. I need you next to me. Please, please don't leave again." Vegas cried softly caressing the brunette's face who leaned into the touch. "I'll listen to you and I won't make you sad ever again, just stay with me. Im begging you. I need someone to constantly bully me and no one does it like you."

The brunette laughed through his tears. "I don't know, Vegas." Uncertainty shone in Pete's eyes but the younger was desperate. "We don't have to be a couple, we can just be friends. Let's start everything from the beginning."

Pete nodded. "Yeah let's do that."

Vegas pulled him in for a hug wrapping his arms tightly around the older man afraid that if he didn't Pete would slip through his fingers and go.

The older dropped his umbrella burying his face in the crook of Vegas' neck, missing the way the younger hugged him. It was strong and reassuring. That nothing would happen to them.

Vegas smiled, thumbs caressing Pete's face. He missed the older so much.