Unappreciated

Genre: angst based on a true story :,)

He didn't know what to do.

Pete truly did not know what to do. Not like he can do anything about it on the first place.

He felt so unappreciated by his friends the funny feeling in his stomach growing day by day as they continued proving his point.

Pete felt like he was nothing but a nuisance to those around him. Even his boyfriend. His beautiful boyfriend with a tender and sweet heart. He couldn't bare the thought of being a burden to Vegas.

Although he was reassured multiple times how much Vegas cares for him and loves him, how the younger would do anything for him. The doubts in his mind still found a way to appear again. Repeatedly. And he was getting absolute sick of it.

Pete was never in a good condition, mentally. Growing up in a half strict half religious family left him with a broken relationship with his dad. His dear dad that he loves so much yet can never do anything to make him proud.

The brunette had always struggled with making friends, all his life. So once he made good ones he was afraid to let go. That would be the reason why he's so loud and wild around his friends trying to hide his insecurities with noise. But it got to the point where even being loud wasn't enough.

He doesn't feel seen. Like he's just an extra in some stupid rom com where his friends are the main characters and he's just thrown away, forgotten.

Everything and anything he does is never acknowledged.

His friends are always hurting his feelings and insulting him, passing it off as a joke but he knew if he confronted them about it he would be called "over sensitive."

There was this particular event that had happened about a month or two ago.

A situation completely out of his control was blamed on him by a friend. Pete was shouted at cursed at and even ignored. He had spent hours. Hours crying over the broken friendship hoping to find something to be able to mend it again.

It worked. But looking back at it he doesn't think that it was a good idea. Pete was guilt tripped by said friend and made to feel like the villain when in reality, it wasn't his fault. It was out of his hands yet he was unfairly blamed for it.

Thinking about it hurt his heart. So he chose to bury it deep and still stay friends with the person too afraid to lose that relationship. Now he can't even voice his feelings otherwise he'd be labeled as the bad guy.

He doesn't know what to do. Not having talked about it with anybody.

The brunette wiped another tear that trickled down his face along with the hot shower water raining down on him. Looking at his arms that were littered with scars he dared to think about doing it again. Pete's entire body shook at the thought of it despite him being under scalding water. His silent cries for muffled by the sound of falling water only curling in on himself more.

His life has been going to shit.

Pete feels like hurting himself again, that he should just take his dads advice and move away for good so his friends aren't forced to take care of him anymore. His once thought healed relationship with his body and food had been broken again. Just like everything else in his life.

He hasn't had a proper meal in almost a week feeling weak as the warm water just kept running down his naked body. Should he just die? But that'd be selfish of him. Putting his mom and boyfriend through that type of pain.

The shower door opened but he was too weak to see who it was. "Babe?" It was Vegas. And so he managed to look up at the youngers confused pain stricken face. "What happened my love?" He whispered ever so gently grabbing a towel from the nearby hamper.

"..Vegas.." Pete whispered eyes welling up with his tears falling into his boyfriends embrace. The ravenette wrapped the towel around him not pressuring the older to say anything.

"It's okay. Don't worry, I'm here now." Vegas whispered carrying him out of the shower and into his room.

☆☆☆

I don't wanna be one of those bitches who always wants attention. It's just that I've been suffering for a long time trying to hold it in, I can't tell anyone so I was like might as well write a story about my thoughts and life 😕

You don't have to read this chapter though, I suggest not actually. I've just been at a really low point in my life.