Chapter 2

(A/N: English is in italic font, Korean in regular font, French is in italic bold font)
————

"Why do you travel to foreign places and don't even bother learning the language first?" It's been 20 minutes and Milan and Owen were practically finished their food, they were talking at this point. The girl was leaning back on the soft cushion seat while her legs were crossed. Owen had his elbows on the table as he's fingers were intertwined and his chin resting on back side of his hands.

The blonde chuckled.

"I find it interesting not being able to understand what a person is saying and having to find other ways to communicate, plus why should a language barrier stop me from exploring the world? It's a lot of things to see out there and I can't have one little thing hold me back." Owen explained, tilting his head while giving a close eyed smile.

"Hm, and here I thought it was a loser idiot behind that face." She tilted her head, while smiling sarcastically.

"Well that's just rude. I thought we were friends."

"We are friends. Friends tell each other the truth and that's what I just did." Their conversation went on like this for the remainder of evening until they finally decided to head out. Milan went to her bike and unhooked it with one hand while the other pulled out her phone and she looked at the time. It was 9:07 and Milan was really dreading going home but she knew she eventually she would have to.

As the city lights began to fade, Milan and Owen rode through the streets of Paris. The warm glow of streetlights lined the narrow streets casting shadows over the beautiful buildings that's surrounded them. Passerby's bustled around, chattering in French, making their way to their various destinations.

The brisk evening air of Paris gave the two cyclists a rush of adrenaline as the vibrant red, yellow, lilac colors of the bouquets from the many flower markets caught theirs eyes, exuding sweet, fragrant smells that pervaded the atmosphere. Their bikes moving briskly along the quiet streets. The two friends didn't speaking once since leaving the restaurant. The atmosphere was filled with comfortable silence and Milan loved it.

Milan peaked over her shoulder and looked at Owen. His eyes were closed and his hands were in his hoodie pockets. He was letting the wind guide him. She took this time to study his face. His messy blonde hair was pushed back because of the soft wind, his skin was clear, his jawline was sharp and he had a prominent nose. He was all around perfect. Milan didn't see a flaw anywhere on him. His face was relaxed as the wind softly caressed his body.

Owen sensed Milan was staring at him, he peaked his eye open, indeed catching those midnight blue eyes looking at him and he smirked.

"Like what you see?" Milan rolled her eyes. She scoffed and brought her hand on one of his handlebars closest to her and shook it.

"Hey!"  Owen quickly balanced the wobbly bike.

"Yeah watch out, you don't wanna fall now." The midnight blue eyed girl held in her laugh.

"Oh you thought that was funny, huh? Let's see if you laugh at this," The blonde boy did the same to Milan. He held the middle of her handle bars and shook it.

"Owen! I swear I'm gonna kill you!" Milan held tightly on his arm (just in case if she fell, he would fall soon after), while her other hand tried to balance her bike out. The blonde laughed, and followed by his laugh, was Milan's own cackle.

"Relax Blue, I won't let you fall, but only because your squeezing my arm to death." Grip still on her bike, Owen slowly guided Milan's bike next to his and their pace evened. The jet-black haired girl lifted her attention to the boy next to her. He was already looking down at her. Gazing at each other, Milan felt warm even with the cool wind grazing against her. Milan was confused. She didn't know why she felt warm, she just knew she did.