Chapter 6

(A/N: English is in italic font, Korean in regular font, French is in italic bold font)
————

Gazes meet, Milan was drinking the boys face up with her pretty eyes, old feelings rising once again. Milan knew that she would eventually get to see Jay, but she didn't expect it to be NOW.

Her heart felt like she raced a 200 mile course with no breaks. She could feel her face getting hot just by looking at him. Jay was still beautiful just like the first and last day she saw him, just even more matured then he already was back then. His hair was short and fluffy, he had on an all black fit; a basic black hoodie, black sweats and his black clipless shoes. His nose was stuck in a small calculus book that was being held by his right hand while the other held onto his bike.

He didn't lift his attention off the book not once until the blonde girl screamed his name. Peering up, his eyes looked from the girl making her jolly way towards him, to his friends in the back. He gave no greeting to the now clinging girl on his arm, as his eyes finally scanned the group and finally landing a specific person. A stoic expression remained on the boys face. Deep down bliss, anger, and confusion stirred within him, but he kept is emotions tightly under control.

His heart remained steady, betraying no hint of the whirlwind of emotion churning inside. The old friends stared at each other and for a moment, it was just them. He couldn't help but notice the changes in Milan's appearance, from her lips, eyes, hair and nose but his face remained impassive, revealing nothing. The years apart had left their mark on both of them.

A subtle tension hung in the air as they now stood face to face. Beneath his seemingly cold-hearted facade, a flicker of care and affection for Milan burned steadily, even if he chose not to show it.

Milan swallowed the knot that formed in the back of her throat, her palms were getting sweaty and her heart raced 100 mph as she waited for jays next moves.

"Do they know each other or something?" Dom whispered to Minu. The boy answered by shrugging his shoulders in confusion as he to watched the whole scene unfold.

Milan couldn't take the tension anymore and decided to speak,

"Ja-" before she could say anything, she was embraced with a hug. The boys bigger body closed the space between them. Milan was taken aback, shocked at the familiar boys actions. Finally relaxing her tense shoulders, she returned the gesture, arms rising up to rap around his waist. This hug was long awaited as their bodies melted into each other, creating a warm and comforting embrace.

Feeling the gentle rhythm of their hearts now beating in unison, it was a hug filled with greeting, relief. In that moment all of Milan's worries and doubts faded away, leaving on a pure connection between them. It was a hug that spoke volumes, conveying emotions that words could never fully capture.

The hold only lasted for a few more seconds until the taller boy pulled away, whilst taking a step back. The group stood there with dumbfounded faces, jaws touching the floor, unable to comprehend with what just happened. Vinny stood with an annoyed expression, just wanting them to hurry up so he can do the race and leave.

"WHY DON'T YOU EVER HUG US JAY!? You just met her and you've given her a hug before any of us," Dom yelled.

"I didn't just meet her," Jay simply stated. Milan held her breath as the tall boy in front of her continued staring at her.

"Uh ..what?" Dom trailed off dumbfounded.

Milan released her breath as she now looked all around the group that was starring at her. The awkwardness was definitely in the air.

"Yeah me and uh.." she glanced at him quickly before turning her head back and continuing.

"-Jay beeeen known each other, from like uhh.. back in the day," Milan was flustered. She didn't know if it was because the group was burning holes in her or if it was because of Jay who was also burning holes in her.