Chapter 4

(A/N: English is in italic font, Korean in regular font, French is in italic bold font)
————

The car ride was filled with laughing and conversations; Milan and Eva telling their dad about their time in Paris, the fashion, the food, the sights, the people, everything they could think of, whilst Dave and Lee told the girls everything they've missed in Korea.

When the girls got too their old neighborhood, Milan saw the familiar stores, buildings, and her favorite corner store "Paek Family Mart" was now replaced with a huge paper company called "Cho's Paper Corporation". Milan frowned her face, turning her head towards her dad.

"What happened to Mr.Eun's store?" Milan asked. The last time she seen the store it's was thriving, not even close to being shut down. Mr.Eun the kind old man who owned the store was like a uncle to Milan, often giving her free food when she came in his store plus he was a good friend of her moms. Mr.Eun was a chemist teacher at Myeong's high school back in the day, but he didn't stick with the educator route, because he wanted to make a family business and run a store.

"Oh," Dave paused

"The old man died of a heart attack two years ago. He was dealing with a lot of stress because of the fuckers 'Cho's' who wanted to buy him out of his store, so they could build that shitty company you just seen." Dave informed his daughter. Hearing this, Milan was hit with sadness and anger.

"So why is their store there now? Eun-Jung said she was going to keep running it,"

"Well what a fucked up daughter she is, because she sold it to them right after her old man died. When Eun pass, he left the store to her, and you wanna know what she did? she signed it over to Cho, because all Eun-Jung wanted was the money." Lee said while putting his pointer and middle finger against his thumb and rubbed them together, as a symbol of 'money'.

"After that, she married Joon Cho, who is the owner. Yup, he put a ring on that finger, all because he promised her loads of green paper, if she sold it to him."

"What a gold digging bitch..she really did that to her dad? The one who started that business FOR HER?" Milan angrily questioned. 'How could somebody do that to their dad?' Milan asked herself, he only wanted was the best for her. 'I'd get it if he was a bad dad, but he wasn't even a BAD DAD'

"Poor Mr.Eun." Eva sadly said.

"Mhm, she going to get what's coming for her. Karmas going to get her one way or another." Said Dave.
————

Stepping out the car, Milan came face to face with her old house. the sisters mouths dropped. They were met with a modern and sleek house, with clean lines and large windows that let in plenty of natural light. The outside was made of a combination of white stucco and dark wood paneling, giving it a contemporary feel.

They could obviously tell that their dad did some renovations while they were away. The flowers that decorated the outside was regularly maintained. The grass was cut and healthy, you would think that since it's only Dave staying there and he's is a busy man running a gang, he wouldn't keep up with the outside of his house; but sure enough, he was.

"Dad you fixed up the house?" Milan asked.

"Mhm, I needed a new feel, you know, fix things up with my life," He paused, looking at the ground in deep thought.

"Starting with the house," he continued.

Milan knew that her dad still missed her mom, but she knew that he knew that she was never coming back..